Rugby World Cup 2019

Kicks off today with Japan v Russia.

Really enjoyed the build up to the tournament with the background programmes on Japan.

It would be great to be out there for this. Looks like it will be used as a trial run for how they might handle the logistics of the Olympics next year.

can't wait. a season off the pitch for me due to getting surgery on my shoulder so ideal timing. i see Argentina being a dark horse, look forward to the Irish not backing up their chirp as per usual and can't wait to see us demolish the USA.

Makese sense to have a separate thread for RWC19 rather than the Eggchasers thread. I'm looking forward to it, in part because there's no outstanding favourite for the tournament. Three big matches over the weekend with NZ vs SA, Ireland vs Scotland and France vs Argentina.

Looking forward to this, will miss a few of the games due to the kick off times and being at work but will try and watch them where i can.

England hopefully do well, think it could well be a NZ v Wales final though

can't wait. a season off the pitch for me due to getting surgery on my shoulder so ideal timing. i see Argentina being a dark horse, look forward to the Irish not backing up their chirp as per usual and can't wait to see us demolish the USA.
Have they been so chirpy this time? May have I've just not seen. Hardly been on fire pre tournament.

Pretty open world cup this. Owt could happen.

Never got away with rugger but I'll give it a go. Who knows, this might be the competition to belatedly convert me. Is it on terrestrial TV?
yup, itv and itv 4
Have they been so chirpy this time? May have I've just not seen. Hardly been on fire pre tournament.

Pretty open world cup this. Owt could happen.
yeah. always are. always so much fart but no shit. up until we slapped them about. agree on the openness mind. so many top teams.

Last edited:
Not really a fan of Union but I still manage to get sucked into the 6 Nations and World Cup. I haven't a clue who anyone is or what is going on most of the times but it's always a great experience.

The good thing about rugby is that I can watch, cheer England on but not get too annoyed when they lose. I'm far too invested in football and cricket.

Last edited:
I've gone and drawn France in the work sweepstake, so should add some interest tomorrow morning against the Argies.

A really tough World Cup to call, but with Ireland and Wales stuttering in the build up, I think it'll be the usual story of one of the big 4 getting on a role. South Africa and England looking the best prepared at the moment.

Back