Rugby World Cup 2019

Before the tournament I didn't expect us to get to the final, so overall it's been a good showing.

It's just frustrating that we still have this tendency to follow a good performance with a shit one, and can't seem to react on the field when plan A isn't working. This has been a flaw for a few years now.

Need to improve consistency and tactical brains. And rethink selection at scrum half and full back
Not playing the roughest bunch of bastards in world rugby would help n all. :)

Nice touch by the ref, kissing his medal and holding it aloft. Glad he’s enjoying being the centre of attention.

he’s just refereed a World Cup final, probably the pinnacle of his career. I’m sure you can allow him what, 10 seconds to enjoy and mark the occasion

he’s just refereed a World Cup final, probably the pinnacle of his career. I’m sure you can allow him what, 10 seconds to enjoy and mark the occasion
And also, to be fair to him, he was nowhere near as bad as he usually is. Bit iffy at scrum time, but the Saffers painted the exact picture they wanted him to see and got the result they wanted. The rest of the time he had a decent game, he deserves to be able to enjoy the fact he's not fucked up the pinnacle of his career.

Shame but never in it today.

Agreed. We just looked off the pace through out. Passes going wayward, runners having to check their runs, kicking not quite hitting the mark. That was largely due to how South Africa played by putting the scrum under pressure meaning but also how they chased down their kicking game putting our players under pressure and forcing errors, we rarely did that to them.

Hugely disappointing but the test team won on the day.

For me he is player of the tournament . He was involved in nearly everything, all over the place. Massive pest to the opponents.
He's the guile on top of their innate narky, brute strength and rule stretching antics. They were brilliant. That first 20 minutes in the All Blacks game where they dominated them showed what they're about.

I watch loads of Top 14 rugby & Garces will always start to favour the dominant side. Had this conversation last night when I said that SA will start hard, we will be penalised & Garces will not then give us anything. We were shafted from first 5.

England 3/10, SA 9/10, officials 5/10

Well done SA

Glad that wasn't just me then.
Garces has the choice of two to choose from.
Shocking performance from the ref.
He’s always been suspect and I knew that his interpretation of the breakdown would be mind boggling.

Having said that SA were the better team and deserved winners

We aren't allowed to be. :lol:
The 2003 team were but they won it despite not getting away with fuck all, whilst other teams had free rein to cheat like fuck against us. They'd have loved today's game.
I fully admit to being a sore loser but from my massively biased opinion, England don't commit the most offences, but are penalised the most. Always have, always will. We need to learn how to manage officials much better than we do

Garces has the choice of two to choose from.
Shocking performance from the ref.
He’s always been suspect and I knew that his interpretation of the breakdown would be mind boggling.

Having said that SA were the better team and deserved winners
In the end they deserved to win. Their defence was brutal, you've got to hand it to them.
I fully admit to being a sore loser but from my massively biased opinion, England don't commit the most offences, but are penalised the most. Always have, always will. We need to learn how to manage officials much better than we do
I don't think you can manage that level of 'bias'. We are England, we don't get the breaks that other teams do and all the other teams know it. We need to be better than other teams to win the same decisions and matches. That's just how it is.

Last edited:

Back