Rugby WC

Status
Not open for further replies.

WildTurkey

Midfield
Personally I've never been to a rugby game, but as the WC is on my doorstep do I spend £100 on tickets?

Has anyone else got tickets?

for anyone who's taken interest in the event, whats the easiest way to get tickets, if its even possible at this late stage

Rugby is a much better day out on the lash than footy.

Plenty of corporate freebies being offered about.

Personally I've never been to a rugby game, but as the WC is on my doorstep do I spend £100 on tickets?

for anyone who's taken interest in the event, whats the easiest way to get tickets, if its even possible at this late stage

I live 10 minutes walk from Twickenham Stadium but doubt I'll ever go to a game there unless I got a free ticket. For £100 I could get three football tickets.

Richmond fan zone instead on Friday for me.

Newcastle, the famous Rugby city, seems very pleased with itself for hosting games here. Not sure why like as no one gives a shit, or people are just pretending to give a shit.

Rugbys absolute bollocks but I'll sit in the pub with it on in the background I suppose

Some of the more parochial bells on here may find it odd but I reckon it's class being able to have a drink in the stands with supporters of the team you're playing against. Going to the Rugby is really good fun and it's an altogether better sport than football.

Some of the more parochial bells on here may find it odd but I reckon it's class being able to have a drink in the stands with supporters of the team you're playing against. Going to the Rugby is really good fun and it's an altogether better sport than football.
But at the end of the day it's a game of very little skill. I got to town trials level by simply being big and fast with the ball in my hands. I couldn't really pass (never felt the need really, as I could run over/through most people at that level) and I didn't really know the rules. I was doing well at the trials but I dropped a couple of passes in the wet and my fledgling career was over.
By way of contrast, can you imagine someone playing for the school footy team (and trying out for the town) who couldn't really kick and didn't know the rules?

Newcastle, the famous Rugby city, seems very pleased with itself for hosting games here. Not sure why like as no one gives a shit, or people are just pretending to give a shit.

If there was a nuclear holocaust the last article published in the Evening Chronicle would be about how Newcastle got nuked before Sunderland

But at the end of the day it's a game of very little skill. I got to town trials level by simply being big and fast with the ball in my hands. I couldn't really pass (never felt the need really, as I could run over/through most people at that level) and I didn't really know the rules. I was doing well at the trials but I dropped a couple of passes in the wet and my fledgling career was over.
By way of contrast, can you imagine someone playing for the school footy team (and trying out for the town) who couldn't really kick and didn't know the rules?

It's a game of very little skill in places where not enough emphasis is placed on the skills of the game. In the same way that football was a game of very little skill in England under the Charles Hughes coaching manual and is frequently a game of very little skill when Sunderland has a particular twat for a manager.

Last edited:
Fat lad rugby isn't but as a back I'd say some of the attacking moves ran in the back line require stupid amounts of skill.

As a penalty taker as well, kicking a rugby ball requires a hell of a lot more skill than a football.

This is the most boring thing i find about Rugby, whenever the merits of Rugby get discussed, without fail someone always trots out the "you can have a drink in the stands line". Who gives a shit, you can have strawberrys and cream in the stands at Wimbledon but is that really the reason to go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back