Rude Wedding Photographers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ask if the bride and groom mind me sending some if their pics to brides up north or rock my wedding for example before I do it, but wouldn't ask a couple if they minded me using them in a brochure for a venue tbh.

Business is business and if a venue ask me for a brochure so they can recommend me to couples and I only have shot that venue once I'll use the pics. Like I said its business and you gotta do what you gotta do

So any bad feelings in your customers would be of no concern? You wouldn't contact them ?

So any bad feelings in your customers would be of no concern? You wouldn't contact them ?

I'm sure they'd understand... If someone had a real strong objection I'd listen to them, but I wouldn't be seeking permission to use the pics for promotional purposes in the 1st place. I have a great relationship with all my couples so I doubt any would object anyway tbh

I'm sure they'd understand... If someone had a real strong objection I'd listen to them, but I wouldn't be seeking permission to use the pics for promotional purposes in the 1st place. I have a great relationship with all my couples so I doubt any would object anyway tbh

You can't make such assumptions. :lol:

How would you know they had objections without asking?

95 times out of a 100 you'll be fine and they'd say you can use them, but then summat like this can bite you on the arse if you don't ask

It's an extra string to your customer service bow anyway, can't understand why you'd not do it

You can't make such assumptions. :lol:

How would you know they had objections without asking?

95 times out of a 100 you'll be fine and they'd say you can use them, but then summat like this can bite you on the arse if you don't ask

It's an extra string to your customer service bow anyway, can't understand why you'd not do it

It's in their contract so they can object to it then if its an issue. You can't go running to the bride and groom every time you use a pic with them in it on something.

It's in their contract so they can object to it then if its an issue. You can't go running to the bride and groom every time you use a pic with them in it on something.

For summat like this brochure described I think you should

Nobody reads contracts, you know that

For summat like this brochure described I think you should

Nobody reads contracts, you know that

They should... Bit daft to sign something without reading it.

So with this brochure The Grand Hotel in Tynemouth approach me and say they want to use me as their recommended tog which could bring in thousands of pounds a year for my business... They want a small brochure (5 pages) to give to couples and need at least a few pics in it from my wedding at The Grand.

So I ask the b&g if its ok and they say no... Then what? Not give The Grand a brochure and turn down the chance to be their recommended tog? Loose thousands in potential business?

Canny business brain you got there ;)

So with this brochure The Grand Hotel in Tynemouth approach me and say they want to use me as their recommended tog which could bring in thousands of pounds a year for my business... They want a small brochure (5 pages) to give to couples and need at least a few pics in it from my wedding at The Grand.

So I ask the b&g if its ok and they say no... Then what? Not give The Grand a brochure and turn down the chance to be their recommended tog? Loose thousands in potential business?

It wouldn't happen until they were used to seeing you at the venue, and you'd have a number of couples to choose from ;)

It wouldn't happen until they were used to seeing you at the venue, and you'd have a number of couples to choose from ;)

Nope... I'm using a real world example as this is exactly what's happened to me with The Grand after doing just one wedding there :-D

Nope... I'm using a real world example as this is exactly what's happened to me with The Grand after doing just one wedding there :-D

Amazing coincidence!

Check with the couple then ;)

If they like you so much I'm sure they'd wait until you'd shot another wedding there for the brochure in the unlikely event....

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazing coincidence!

Check with the couple then ;)

If they like you so much I'm sure they'd wait until you'd shot another wedding there for the brochure in the unlikely event....

I don't think it works like that 'any chance you could keep that recommended tog slot open for me for over a year until I can get some images to you?' Erm no.

I don't think it works like that 'any chance you could keep that recommended tog slot open for me for over a year until I can get some images to you?' Erm no.

I think you ought to check with the couple. 95% chance they are fine with it. Even someone who's not initially you can probably talk around

I wouldn't want to see my mug on some literature I knew nothing about

Although they obviously belong to the photographer, people can obviously get very protective over their wedding shots

I think you ought to check with the couple. 95% chance they are fine with it. Even someone who's not initially you can probably talk around

I wouldn't want to see my mug on some literature I knew nothing about

... and if they say no what then?

I know what your saying but if they say no you're left with 2 choices:

1) don't do it, loose a massive potential boost to business and building your reputation (hint - terrible business idea)
2) Do it anyway (hint - see point 1 and multiply by 1000)

If you turned down the chance to be the recommended tog at a very popular wedding venue you might as well hung up your cameras and give up because you'd never make it as a businessman

... and if they say no what then?

I know what your saying but if they say no you're left with 2 choices:

1) don't do it, loose a massive potential boost to business and building your reputation (hint - terrible business idea)
2) Do it anyway (hint - see point 1 and multiply by 1000)

If you turned down the chance to be the recommended tog at a very popular wedding venue you might as well hung up your cameras and give up because you'd never make it as a businessman

You'd offer them a small financial / photographic incentive and talk them round I'm sure

Business isn't always about what you can do, it's what you should do

Falling that you could always shop your mug onto them ;)

You'd offer them a small financial / photographic incentive and talk them round I'm sure

Business isn't always about what you can do, it's what you should do

Falling that you could always shop your mug onto them ;)

They might be insulted with you bribing them if they are dead against it.

Believe me I'm extremely good at customer service but there's certain opportunities you HAVE to take no matter what.

They might be insulted with you bribing them if they are dead against it.

Believe me I'm extremely good at customer service but there's certain opportunities you HAVE to take no matter what.

At worst then, i think you should explain to them that the pics are yours, and you can do with them as you wish...

At least then they wouldn't get a shock to see them.

But it's highly unlikely to come to that

At worst then, i think you should explain to them that the pics are yours, and you can do with them as you wish...

At least then they wouldn't get a shock to see them.

But it's highly unlikely to come to that

It's in their contract :)

Shoot a few more pictures.:?:

Get a couple of models, go back and take some fake wedding photos, then you can use two/three sets in the brochure to make you and the venue look more popular.
Also means you get to know staff at the venue a bit better.

Tend to agree with ICBYD on his views, people can get funny if they see you making money on the back of their wedding - regardless of how good you are. Asking doesn't hurt, most would probably be chuffed that you asked.

Get a couple of models, go back and take some fake wedding photos, then you can use two/three sets in the brochure to make you and the venue look more popular.
Also means you get to know staff at the venue a bit better.

Tend to agree with ICBYD on his views, people can get funny if they see you making money on the back of their wedding - regardless of how good you are. Asking doesn't hurt, most would probably be chuffed that you asked.
Especially as they probably paid you a fair whack anyway.

I'd want to be asked if it was me - unless it was explicit in the contract that my wedding photos were going to be used on a brochure that was going to make you money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back