Rude Wedding Photographers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was at my niece's wedding yesterday as an unofficial 2nd photographer.
The main photographer that they paid for was a complete and utter b*tch to everyone, including the bride and groom. She was very shouty and bossy, referred to people as 'Hoy you with the skinny tie' etc. The reception was at the assembly rooms in Newcastle. From there the photographer forced them down to the Quayside for more photographs, despite being told they did not have time or want them. The first dance was staged, and looked very uncomfortable for the bride and groom as they had to stand there for around 10 minutes. They were later taken into custody for around an hour while the disco had already started. At one point the mother of the bride (my sister) was going to tell her to pack her bags and fuck off.

The impression I got (and a lof of others) is that the togger was only interested in expanding their portfolio and didn't give a shit about the bride and groom or their wedding day.

I'm not going to name names publically, but if you're really interested I'll tell you in a PM.

So many shit wedding toggers out there it's scandalous really. I was at a mates wedding recently and seen the photos after - they weren't terrible, but certainly weren't what I'd call professional.

Some of the bride and groom shots were in front of a main road and had cars zooming past. Others were with a car park in the background :lol:

Wouldn't care but the venue was lovely and surrounded in woodland.

The photographer at our wedding dragged us off for some shots (and a chance for a quick tab) but only used one or two of the shots taken. Missed the bloody canapes. Overall though he was spot on and very reasonably priced.

People called ours 'brusque' but I thought she was excellent at controlling the drunken rabble

Suppose it can go too far, but they all need to be confident about telling people what to do for the formals

Went to a wedding last night. I don't think they'd spent much. Looked like some doddery old aunt with an slr had the job of doing first dance

So many shit wedding toggers out there it's scandalous really. I was at a mates wedding recently and seen the photos after - they weren't terrible, but certainly weren't what I'd call professional.

Some of the bride and groom shots were in front of a main road and had cars zooming past. Others were with a car park in the background :lol:

Wouldn't care but the venue was lovely and surrounded in woodland.

He's must be a car enthusiast like yourself :)

Last edited by a moderator:
To balance things out not all wedding togs are like this... I'm lovely ;)

To balance things out not all wedding togs are like this... I'm lovely ;)

I understand that wedding togs need to be good with large groups and be able to handle drunken idiots. But this lass was very rude from the start and forced the bride and groom to do things they didn't want to do.

She even pushed me to one side when taking a group photo I was part of rather than asking me to move. As she did it she said "I'm going to man-handle you".

At least 10 people came up to me during the night complaining about her behavior.

I understand that wedding togs need to be good with large groups and be able to handle drunken idiots. But this lass was very rude from the start and forced the bride and groom to do things they didn't want to do.

She even pushed me to one side when taking a group photo I was part of rather than asking me to move. As she did it she said "I'm going to man-handle you".

At least 10 people came up to me during the night complaining about her behavior.

There's different ways of managing groups of people though... it's amazing how a cheeky smile, a little joke and being nice can actually help with things like this far more then shoving people around. I tend to chat to people throughout the day and so when it comes to organising people everyone's already feeling comfortable around me and are happy to do what I ask.

Sounds like she's got little to no people skills and as a result the only way she can organise people is through rudeness and or / physical means

Just had a look at the tog's website... no a nice viewing experience, lots of colour popping, naff processing, spelling mistakes left, right and centre and generally looks like a gumtree tog.

No idea where the couple found her but there's far better around...

So we have a rubbish tog with a bad attitude and no personal skills. Wonder how long she'll be around for?

All this just goes to show that you lot need to start pushing my services to friends and family to ensure they avoid this type of situation in future ;)

Had geordie lad at our wedding but now lives in aycliffe. Him and his wiferun the business and he was fantastic and very reasonably priced. Pictures were amazing.
Recomended him to my mate and he found out so he through in a free wedding book and photo'd speeches and dinner even thought he wasn't meant to as a thank you. Great with the kids and very professional and thoughtful. Sometimes didn't even realise he was there.

Great guy. PM me anyone wants his details.

Had geordie lad at our wedding but now lives in aycliffe. Him and his wiferun the business and he was fantastic and very reasonably priced. Pictures were amazing.
Recomended him to my mate and he found out so he through in a free wedding book and photo'd speeches and dinner even thought he wasn't meant to as a thank you. Great with the kids and very professional and thoughtful. Sometimes didn't even realise he was there.

Great guy. PM me anyone wants his details.

Erm... this is my patch pal, jog on! :cool:

:lol: didn't take long

ps blackops, your mate sounds great! ;)

On full alert for people encroaching on my territory like... I know this place smells of piss but black ops should have noticed my scent circled around this section of the forum :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back