Rude Shopkeepers

I quite miss them. We used to have loads of them a few years back, when there was only one butcher, baker etc in the town and you had to go to them or go without.

Shopkeepers then were the owners and rulers of their little kingdom and customers were only grudgingly tolerated.

Now we're having Brexit and going back to the old days, hopefully we can get rid of all this 'have a nice da-a-y!' nonsense and get back to having bakers that run out of bread at 11am, but still have 2 or 3 ladies lounging behind the counter to sarcastically tell you there's no bread.

And a strictly enforced Wednesday afternoon early closing day too.

f***ing hell fire. You'll be wanting rationing and the workhouse next.
Tit.
what's a trill?

Half a hat?

According to PHYS on Facey , there is a certain shopkeeper in Peterlee town centre (shithole of a place) who refuse to cash scratchcards if he thinks you didnt buy it from him :)

Binders down the sandpiper in Washington is shocking.
Awful shop.
And they are unashamedly so...last resort when I’ve got thirlaways and archies around the corner.

Lass who runs the decorating shop down the road is pretty old school when it comes to arsehole customer service. Told me to go to B&Q when I asked if she had any more paintbrushes :lol:

Just so happens she's also the recently elected Tory councillor for the area.

Back