RTG Hanging/Stalling

Status
Not open for further replies.

TiredEyes

Winger
I keep getting random pages on RTG hanging and in the bottom corner I have "transferring data from readytogo.net" and it just stalls, with the little circle in the browser bar spinning.

I have to navigate away from the page or press stop/refresh in order to get the page to view, sometimes this doesn't work.

I'm not 100% but over the last week or so I believe I have narrowed it down to RTG.net.

Is there anything in the background that may be causing this, or anyone else having this problem.

I'm using the latest firefox and w8.1

===================================

EDIT

[DOUBLEPOST=1389111932][/DOUBLEPOST]Would you believe it, it stalled trying to start this thread, this is what I get >

Logon or register to see this image

Last edited:

Keeps happening, is there anything I can try that may resolve this issue, so far it's 100% RTG.net that this happens on.

Try chrome as a browser rather than Firefox, see if that makes a difference.

Possible ad blocker causing it to hang.
I'd love it, I have a shitty 4Mb connection but they don't have fibre in my area, however nothing else hangs/stalls, x-hamster, streaming the footy, large picture/gif threads, just here.

I've not seen any problems, nor had any other reports. Ad blocker could be causing issues if it blocks any of the scripts or cookies.

There have been some session errors over the last few days, but I would only expect that to cause problems with people logging on, it shouldn't be causing other problems.

I'm getting this too over the last week. Everything seems to go fine and then it hangs and I have to go back to my homepage and back to here. Sometimes it hangs straight away again.

To me it looks like the ads are hanging as I just get 4 boxes where they usually pop up as if it's trying to load something and doesn't. Don't have any ad or popup blockers on my work computer either.

In the end if I leave it it just crashes the flash player.

Using Chrome.

What would be better is if the forum was supported on Forum Runner...

I'm getting this too over the last week. Everything seems to go fine and then it hangs and I have to go back to my homepage and back to here. Sometimes it hangs straight away again.

To me it looks like the ads are hanging as I just get 4 boxes where they usually pop up as if it's trying to load something and doesn't. Don't have any ad or popup blockers on my work computer either.

In the end if I leave it it just crashes the flash player.

Using Chrome.

Yeah, I think it's the ads too, I have a blacklist on my ADBLOCK PLUS for all google ads (targeting the ones on google searches really**) and I won't go without it, tried chrome and it seems to work ok but it'll be the same once I add the adblock plus addon and the google blacklist.

:confused:

It only does it here at RTG, nowhere else.

**@@||www.google.ch^$elemhide,~third-party

Just happened again. Clocked it "waiting for ads.struq.com"

Again killed flash and thus all of the page (and everything else I had open).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back