RTG - 20 years on

One of my regrets was never having the opportunity to sit and neck a few beers with the lad. We kind of hit it off as you do now & then with someone really random on the board. Most I’ve met up with subsequently at a game here & there, but sadly never Bleep ( as he will always be). Must admit I never knew he had also been Fergus in another life mind.
Some of bleps posts were tremendous.

Chinese burns and fighting the fish people.

I spent many a morning/afternoon/evening on here when the board started in its current incarnation in 2002. Was working down in Bournemouth in the least busy job I've ever had. I remember a load of us crashed the office server by loading up a game of Football Manager and playing it on the network.

I spent many a morning/afternoon/evening on here when the board started in its current incarnation in 2002. Was working down in Bournemouth in the least busy job I've ever had. I remember a load of us crashed the office server by loading up a game of Football Manager and playing it on the network.
Must have been about then my log in died. Had finished Uni and was doing proper work rather than fannying about all day! When I eventually got round to trying to log back in, I no longer existed.

There was only the one forum invasion that I was involved with, but it was glorious. Only member from here that I remember being on was @El Gen but there were others.

Some daft sod on here found a domestic cleaning product website, Winans, based in America. Unfortunately (for them) they had a message board where they provided helpful advice. You can imagine how that went.

Overnight, the messages were deleted with a message/warning from the owner that he'd had to "clean out the message board" to which someone posted the obvious reply "do you sell products to clean message boards too?"

About a week later, the message board disappeared completely, never to reappear again.

Swindon message board invasion was a classic. Remember Avalanche?
Winans was next level. Still laugh thinking about it hahahaha

Lets not forget after we beat Oxford 7-0

James Brown "Damn my voice is fucked!"

It was mate

i remember going through about 15 cans and crying a lot

Last edited:
You're never going to let me forget that are you. :lol:
already forgot it marra you don't realise how good a chess player I am I've played the best and won, I'm really rusty but starting to gain a new lease of life through Chess.

This thread has been a proper trip down memory lane. Fifteen years I've been wasting time on here. :eek:

The only thing I can mention that hasn't been said already is WHED's Christmas Carol that Laputian wrote, about WHED getting long changed a fiver off a program seller and running off with it, which led to the seller losing his job, a shit Christmas, his wife and kids leaving him and him ending up homeless.

It was absolutely f***ing hysterical.

This thread has been a proper trip down memory lane. Fifteen years I've been wasting time on here. :eek:

The only thing I can mention that hasn't been said already is WHED's Christmas Carol that Laputian wrote, about WHED getting long changed a fiver off a program seller and running off with it, which led to the seller losing his job, a shit Christmas, his wife and kids leaving him and him ending up homeless.

It was absolutely f***ing hysterical.
and the Wheatley Hillbillies song as a result of some other fuckwittery form WHED

Some of bleps posts were tremendous.

Chinese burns and fighting the fish people.
I had a few PM's with him and on one occasion he put in £200 to get the "Portland lads across fund". He asked for complete anonymity from me as he intimated that he was well known in Sunderland but didn't want anyone knowing his Identity. I deleted his personal details so couldn't even say who he was now if wanted to

Back