RR Podcast: With Paul Reid & Charlie Methven - submit your questions/topics to discuss

As per the title, we welcome Academy of Light chief Paul Reid and SAFC Executive Director Charlie Methven on the Roker Rapport Podcast at the end of this week, so here’s your opportunity to submit questions you’d like to hear us ask or suggest topics for discussion.

We’ve not had Paul on the pod since he first came in and the Academy has been under the microscope a bit recently, so will be good to put any concerns or questions about that to him and also hear about what plans we have for the future.

Likewise, Charlie will be on to answer everything and anything you’d like us to asl him so if there’s any burning topics you feel that we need to discuss then please reply to this thread and we’ll do our best to cover off as much as we can in the time we have.

What are we doing in the short term and long term to get the Academy back on track, particularly following the recent investment?

We lost a multitude of seemingly talented young players - what was done to prevent their departure? Or was it simply an inability to keep them?

@Cack Stottie i seem to remember the club saying information from the clubs website only they have changed their tune with this, did they reach out to yourself or the other way around ?

"Are you willing to admit you post on RTG as kildaremackem?"
lots of people pretend to be me marra..why would charlie be any different :mad:
He’s already made up an excuse about them 2 idiots but yeah questions need to be asked. Especially about Richard Hill who has been sacked by Donald TWICE in the past.
he has never been acked by donald..he has resigned three times i think..once to come here..once to go to villa,...

What analysis does the academy use to judge a players progress, do they use a coaches judgement or measurable numbers like distance covered and speed?

This is the key question, also what analysis are they using to assess potential signings (surely he will know considering his position, I don't care if Coton's heading up the recruitment team, he's not on the podcast).

Following confirmation of the american investment, how is this going to benefit the academy? How are they going to ensure it will be invested wisely and not squandered?

How can we protect our assets (potential stars) and persuade them to stay if there's interest from clubs higher up the pecking order and if they are to leave how do we ensure we get a fee, is it even possible? If not, why have an academy?

He’s already made up an excuse about them 2 idiots but yeah questions need to be asked. Especially about Richard Hill who has been sacked by Donald TWICE in the past.
It’s a system that hasn’t worked. Which of the signings so far has been a success? I’d argue not one.

Back