RR: Bob Murray podcast

He knew before a ball was kicked at Wembley that we’d be going up regardless of the out come of the game.
So did I. Could only get a ticket with the Swindon fans and I remember saying to them after the game n matter what we were going up and they were gong down. To be fair they agreed

Good watch so far, north stand extension had to be done as he wouldn’t have got planning permission for it if the other building were built before the extension, just watching the rest now.

Haha he’s not very complimentary about Mackemenemy.

I didn’t know that about the North Stand, I’ve always been of the opinion that 42k capacity was about right for us and that the extension was an extravagance we didn’t need but I can see why it was done now.

Says he'll never forgive Quinny for bringing in Ellis and Byrne. Crikey.
Ah Byrne! I couldn't quite make out who he said after Short.
Interesting comment - not a lot of love for Quinny.

Really enjoyed that. Some very straight talking in there, always admire people who don't talk jargon and BS.
He's his own biggest fan like - not shy on talking up his achievements and blaming others for his failings

Presided over more failures than any other chairman in our history, embarrassed us regularly in the media and still managed to turn a profit from his investment.

His history will no doubt be viewed through rose tinted specs
This.

The bloke was a nightmare as a football club chairman and led us to the lowest point in the clubs history. Other than that youve summed it up well.

His legacy will be much greater than a few relegations.
He is extremely fortunate that he built the stadium otherwise his legacy would have been embarrassing. His on the field achievements were almost zero and this in 20 years. Other than 2 x 7th placed finishes it was a virtual disaster from start to finish on the field of play.

Back