***Royal wedding thread**

There was no more there than usual! We get more for summer guard change.

More Police than public. They thinned out officers route lining due to how over the top it looked.

That's what pictures seem to have shown. However, as someone pointed out to me..

"I suppose you could argue that the security is only required because the public can’t be trusted not to be twats about the private event, so it’s only fair that the public should have to pay for it."

Warms the cockles of my heart knowing there are plenty of taxes to pay for them to have an expensive fabulous wedding yet there's no funding for the drugs my friend's child needs to manage her long term illness.

Yes, but think of all the public duties that she - oh no, hang on, she doesn’t, does she.

Still, there is something fitting that she is marrying a ‘tequila brand promoter’ as now they can both be utterly pointless together.

That's what pictures seem to have shown. However, as someone pointed out to me..

"I suppose you could argue that the security is only required because the public can’t be trusted not to be twats about the private event, so it’s only fair that the public should have to pay for it."

Security will be high on the basis most of the Royal Family are there, Queen etc. Better safe than sorry I guess.

I know people make the point about taxes and what not, but there isn't just a single tax budget. Most people will probably find this wedding hasn't been funded from the taxes they pay and has come from a completely other budget. By all accounts I think they've paid for their own wedding.

Easy day for me directing traffic, sitting in a van, eating pack ups.

Good to see Windsor Council keeping their workers in jobs allowing them to install spikes in shop doorways to deter the homeless on the wedding route.

WDWC

Where are these spikes?

Security will be high on the basis most of the Royal Family are there, Queen etc. Better safe than sorry I guess.

I know people make the point about taxes and what not, but there isn't just a single tax budget. Most people will probably find this wedding hasn't been funded from the taxes they pay and has come from a completely other budget. By all accounts I think they've paid for their own wedding.

Paid for the wedding but I think the security was tax payer funded.
But then so is all security at big events like this, yes?

Football clubs do pay towards the cost of the policing of games. From the police's point of view the issue is however that the clubs do not pay enough and the clubs' contribution falls short of the true cost. It is apparent that in the case of today's Royal wedding the whole cost of the police operation will be met from the public purse although it was a private wedding and not a State occasion.

One rule for the rich and one rule for the plebs.

Morning folks.

Big day today as national treasure Princess Eugene marries that bloke that looks like a supply teacher.

For those of not lucky enough to be one of the lucky ballot winners who get to stand in the grounds listening to a live broadcast, its live on itv this morning.

Celebrites including Robbie Williams are expected to attend.

In these divided times of austerity and brexit, its great we can all get together behind an event like this. Should be a bank holiday mind.
Proper nawty yee like.:rolleyes:

Football clubs do pay towards the cost of the policing of games. From the police's point of view the issue is however that the clubs do not pay enough and the clubs' contribution falls short of the true cost. It is apparent that in the case of today's Royal wedding the whole cost of the police operation will be met from the public purse although it was a private wedding and not a State occasion.

One rule for the rich and one rule for the plebs.
They pay for policing inside the stadium.

Back