Royal Mail Xmas Jobs

That time of the year again when Royal Mail are taking on data entry Christmas staff at Doxford.

28th November-23rd December
£14.49/hr
10pm-6am Mon-Fri

Pretty easy work, if mind-numbing, and you'll probably earn enough (about £2300 before tax/n.i.) to cover your energy bill for the next year. 👍
Great work for people who need it - basically 25 days worth of work with a chance to impress.

If I needed it, I'd do it.

Angard staffing blacklisting agency. look at all the questions they ask you about DBS etc. Royal Mail have a high turnover of staff, they will be looking to blacklist any ex employees. I have applied in the past, never get taken on, and I used to work for them, grafter but a union activist. You can tell a pack of lies of course, but if you have something to hide then when they ask for your NI number that will be your downfall.

I did it for 2 weeks whilst i was 'resting' between proper jobs a few years back. Was canny tbf. Sat with headphones on listening to music, typing in post codes or resending letters to santa. Get plenty of breaks, nice environment. There was a bloke on my team was a school teacher during the day, slept between that and the Royal Mail job.

I did it for 2 weeks whilst i was 'resting' between proper jobs a few years back. Was canny tbf. Sat with headphones on listening to music, typing in post codes or resending letters to santa. Get plenty of breaks, nice environment. There was a bloke on my team was a school teacher during the day, slept between that and the Royal Mail job.
How long did it take the agency to get back to you if you remember? I've applied for this before but they "misplaced" my personal details so I'm sketchy with this lot

TBF when you need ten minutes every hour it shows how monotonous it is. :lol:

How long did it take the agency to get back to you if you remember? I've applied for this before but they "misplaced" my personal details so I'm sketchy with this lot
Can't fully remember so could be mis-remembering but I'm sure they originally didn't reply to me by the "deadline", but then did a few days after.

They got back to me, said I needed to provide evidence that I have lived at my address for last 5 years. Actually, lived here 15 years, but fook knows how I provide proof of that.

Had an email from Angard (the agency) saying that this isn't happening this year as they've no need for data keyers. So there's a heads up for anyone that applied and doesn't read emails.

Had an email from Angard (the agency) saying that this isn't happening this year as they've no need for data keyers. So there's a heads up for anyone that applied and doesn't read emails.
State of this country when Royal Mail isnt even hiring xmas temps

I tried with this a few year ago. Went up to give them my passport and what not as ID. A week later I'd heard nothing from em so emailed to see when me start date was and never heard anything so called them. The bloke who photocopied my stuff had basically lost em, wasn't too happy about it seen as it's personal data. They called some point mid December saying they'd found it when I'd already sorted something else out.

Edit. This was the agency not royal mail if I recall

Same here. They had a recruitment drive in a local hotel and I ended up trying several times to convince them I was British and that my flat was about 100 yards away before thinking "fuck them" and going for a pint.

State of this country when Royal Mail isnt even hiring xmas temps
I thought it was suss seen as they were only taking on for a month when it's normally three

*Edit saying that down south it's still 3-4 month

Last edited:

Back