Royal Mail Xmas Jobs

Fletch73

Midfield
That time of the year again when Royal Mail are taking on data entry Christmas staff at Doxford.

28th November-23rd December
£14.49/hr
10pm-6am Mon-Fri

Pretty easy work, if mind-numbing, and you'll probably earn enough (about £2300 before tax/n.i.) to cover your energy bill for the next year. 👍

I tried with this a few year ago. Went up to give them my passport and what not as ID. A week later I'd heard nothing from em so emailed to see when me start date was and never heard anything so called them. The bloke who photocopied my stuff had basically lost em, wasn't too happy about it seen as it's personal data. They called some point mid December saying they'd found it when I'd already sorted something else out.

Edit. This was the agency not royal mail if I recall

Last edited:
I've applied for an xmas sorting job with them, 1400-2200, £12.60 an hour. The nightshift 2200-0600 is the same rate as the data entry mentioned.
I applied a couple years back at Peterlee when I was freelance and fancied something steady for a bit. Then I bottled it as would mean getting the bus back at 10.30pm which was the last one. Can't rely on the twat at 5pm never mind having the risk of walking 5 mile home on a winter night

Did this back in the day when I was a student. It was honestly class. Just stick your headphones in, whack a podcast on, zone out. Long for the days I can be at work and not get peppered with emails or questions every few minutes.

I’ve done it 2-3 times in the past when I couldn’t find steady full time work. It’s a decent honest £1500-1800 around Christmas time for easy enough work. You literally just sit there and type the part of a postcode that a scanner can’t make out.

Really good money for a job a monkey could do, wasn't that long ago(12 years or so) as a tradesman we were getting that on nights doing fit outs, paying for digs

Back