Royal Albert Hall

Going to see James in the Royal Albert Hall next spring. Looking for the good people of the SMB to do what they do best - recommend reasonable hotels in the area and decent pubs for after the gig! Thanks folks.

Going to see James in the Royal Albert Hall next spring. Looking for the good people of the SMB to do what they do best - recommend reasonable hotels in the area and decent pubs for after the gig! Thanks folks.
Bit sparse around it ,Queensway area has a nice feel to it across the park from it pubs and grub .The blakemore is superb for the price,not budget but good

No decent pubs in that area at all sadly.

You’d be better off staying elsewhere and then travelling in for the gig.

Last edited:
Novotel Hammersmith, or The Holiday Inn Express on North End Road. Not too far from the Albert Hall, but close enough to Hammersmith for food and booze.

Travelodge at Covent Garden is canny and within walking distance.

The oldest licenced premises in London is round the corner from the hotel for before and after

The White Hart - Pub in Covent Garden, Food and Drink Central London

This one just along the road from the White Hart is really good, also...

Visit Our Boutique Hotel in Holborn London | The Hoxton

Premier Inn at Earls Court (London Kensington) will be near by.
London Kensington (Earl's Court) Hotels | Premier Inn

Last time I was at the RAH I stayed at the Premier Inn at Putney Bridge. It's about a minutes walk to the Tube then head straight over to the Albert Hall, (about 10 mins walk from the nearest tube station, South Kensington I think).

Travelodge at Covent Garden is canny and within walking distance.

Be a canny walk from Covent Garden ?

Think we stayed at one of the Holiday Inns that was in walkable distance when we went there last time. Even with me busting my foot the day before we went it wasn't too far to walk.

Back