Roy orbison tv advert?

Arthur80

Midfield
Just been watching him on bbc4 and i vaguely remember there was advert maybe late 80's early 90's that used his song it's over, can anyone remember what the advert was for? Google isn't helping this time.

Last edited:
He was obviously massive in the 1960s but he was out of the spotlight for a while.

Then came a renaissance but I think that he worked too hard which contributed to his relatively early death.

There were loads of documentaries a couple of years back which much have been for the 30th anniversary.

Edit: 30 year anniversary in 2018, I must have watched stuff from the 25th.

I watched him on BBC4 last night as well.

Can't think of the advert though

Good program last night had some tragedy in his family while he was on the road - all that wealth and it did nothing to protect his family at all - hell of a singer with a great vocal range.

Hoi Ambs - wot crisps you got for tonight then - as your bound to be watching that dancing malarkey with yer cheap plonk an choccolate

Last edited:
Think one of his songs was used in the film "Pretty Woman". Not sure which one though. You know that film with the pretty woman walking down the street, the one Richard Gere would like to meet? Can't remember what song it was now though

24 hrs from Tulsa ?

Back