Roughest pub in sunderland

Up Newcastle road then on towards Southwick. That one on the corner that is now a Londis, The Tram Car Inn that looks derelict, Southwick club (derelict), then over the Alex bridge then on towards Ford and Pennywell where there was the Round Robin (?) Which is now a Herron. Then on to the 690 towards Silksworth where the Prospect is now a Lidl and the Double Maxim is now McDonald's. There were probably more that I missed

Was your driver lost or pissed. Seems like a right owld detour that.

Up Newcastle road then on towards Southwick. That one on the corner that is now a Londis, The Tram Car Inn that looks derelict, Southwick club (derelict), then over the Alex bridge then on towards Ford and Pennywell where there was the Round Robin (?) Which is now a Herron. Then on to the 690 towards Silksworth where the Prospect is now a Lidl and the Double Maxim is now McDonald's. There were probably more that I missed
Southwick Club is more than derelict, it's been knocked the fuck down.

Need to visit some of these mentioned.

Cheers down the East End could do with a lick of paint like...
My local, in there every Friday after work and every Sunday morning.

It’s looking good marra, just had a bit of a refurb! :lol:

Blokes shithouse is a bit of a different story mind.

It isn’t there any more is it?
They’re now in the hearts of oak, they’ve done the upstairs room out, looks canny to be honest.

Last edited:
Don’t think I’ve ever felt uncomfortable in any pub in Sunderland. Was worse in the late eighties for trouble anyway, especially with the north/south divide that went on for a few years...

Was your driver lost or pissed. Seems like a right owld detour that.
Up Newcastle Road, turn left at The Grange straight down past the flats and aldi, right at roundabout, past the Tram Carr, turn left, over big roundabout over Queen Alex bridge, turn right past the retail park, turn left past the edge of Pennywell then straight down to the 690 then away past silksworth, board inn etc then away towards home. Whats so difficult about that route?

Up Newcastle Road, turn left at The Grange straight down past the flats and aldi, right at roundabout, past the Tram Carr, turn left, over big roundabout over Queen Alex bridge, turn right past the retail park, turn left past the edge of Pennywell then straight down to the 690 then away past silksworth, board inn etc then away towards home. Whats so difficult about that route?

Not easier to go over the wearmouth bridge and round the back of the empire to get onto Durham road there?

You only have to worry about going into any pub if you are a dick and rub people up the wrong way.
Hmmm not 100pc true that like

Didnt 2 ayrian students get kicked to #### in the 70s/80s in the Painted Wagon ?
The "bermuda triangle" was beehive/painted wagon/borough NOT that area in the Caribbean.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was only born in 83 so fuck knows mate.

If you go in an unfamiliar pub and act like you own the place, are disrespectful or engage in arguements with people its not surprising if you attract trouble.

Anyone with a shred of common sense should be able to use their spidey sences to tell when there are radge packets around and act accordingly.

Back