Rotterdam

Status
Not open for further replies.

lager chimp

Winger
Recommendations to kill a few hours in Rotterdam please.

Unfortunately no football on the day i'm there

Thanks in advance

Reet, cancelled amsterdam so now got a day and night in Rotterdam.
what is good to do (bars, food, drink, culture etc) and anything to avoid

Get a train and go to Amsterdam. Both nice places that I'd go back to but Amsterdam the far superior city

To visit - Maritime Museum, Euromast, Zoo and De Kuip.
Drinks & bait - Nieuwe Binnenweg, Oude Binnenweg, Coolsingel areas which are all in the city centre. There's also loads of Chinese & Vietnamese bait shops just as you come out of the main train station. Cafe Cosy Corner & Cafe Hideaway are the two main Sunderland bars and are near the stadium.

Reet, cancelled amsterdam so now got a day and night in Rotterdam.
what is good to do (bars, food, drink, culture etc) and anything to avoid

Go up the Euromast and see Rotterdam from above, you'll see De Kuip in the distance as well.

Go to Blaak for the Maarkthall (food market) may not sound that interesting but it's definitely worth a visit, opposite you've got the cubehouses which are worth seeing and the Oude Haven (old harbour)

Regarding drinking as mentioned, during the day/early on i'd go to Oude Binnenweg, some great bars there and on the night stadhuisplein is the place to go, Skihut, 't fust, Get Back all get lively late on.

Stadhousplien is right in the centre opposite the town hall which is something you'll want to see.

To visit - Maritime Museum, Euromast, Zoo and De Kuip.
Drinks & bait - Nieuwe Binnenweg, Oude Binnenweg, Coolsingel areas which are all in the city centre. There's also loads of Chinese & Vietnamese bait shops just as you come out of the main train station. Cafe Cosy Corner & Cafe Hideaway are the two main Sunderland bars and are near the stadium.
Cheers

Go up the Euromast and see Rotterdam from above, you'll see De Kuip in the distance as well.

Go to Blaak for the Maarkthall (food market) may not sound that interesting but it's definitely worth a visit, opposite you've got the cubehouses which are worth seeing and the Oude Haven (old harbour)

Regarding drinking as mentioned, during the day/early on i'd go to Oude Binnenweg, some great bars there and on the night stadhuisplein is the place to go, Skihut, 't fust, Get Back all get lively late on.

Stadhousplien is right in the centre opposite the town hall which is something you'll want to see.
Thanks for the info. Appreciated
Whats the best way to get to de kuip or can you buy an all day card for tbe trams

Last edited:
Cheers

Thanks for the info. Appreciated
Whats the best way to get to de kuip or can you buy an all day card for tbe trams

Tram #23 towards Beverwaard will take you directly to the stadium from the city centre. You can buy an all day ticket for €7.50 per person which covers the trams, busses, underground & water taxis. You can buy them from the conductor on the tram, train station & metro station ticket machines. Not sure about buying them on busses or water taxis as I've not used them. You must also check in & out whenever you board/disembark. They're pretty strict on fare dodging so expect to get checked at least once.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back