Rotherham to win it and us for 4th

Tbh, if I took my blue tinted specs off, I’d say Rotherham are the best side we’ve played regardless of the result. Play at a much faster pace than most do and commit bodies forward.

They’ve not fully clicked either, hence why they aren’t way out infront.

After that, I’ve not seen a good side all season. I include Oxford in that who many pundits seem to be whacking one off over as well.

I remember feeling all throughout last season that Luton and Charlton were an awful lot better than the other 3 sides in the race on their day, especially near the end of the season, and ultimately they were 2 of the 3 sides promoted. Didn’t quite have the same feeling for Barnsley, although they got up. Had ourselves or yourselves gone up automatically instead last time, I think Barnsley would have missed out. Point being, I make Rotherham clear favourites. I think it’s very open thereafter.
I agree and not licking your hoop but reckon its between you and us

Tbh, if I took my blue tinted specs off, I’d say Rotherham are the best side we’ve played regardless of the result. Play at a much faster pace than most do and commit bodies forward.

They’ve not fully clicked either, hence why they aren’t way out infront.

After that, I’ve not seen a good side all season. I include Oxford in that who many pundits seem to be whacking one off over as well.

I remember feeling all throughout last season that Luton and Charlton were an awful lot better than the other 3 sides in the race on their day, especially near the end of the season, and ultimately they were 2 of the 3 sides promoted. Didn’t quite have the same feeling for Barnsley, although they got up. Had ourselves or yourselves gone up automatically instead last time, I think Barnsley would have missed out. Point being, I make Rotherham clear favourites. I think it’s very open thereafter.
Agree mate

Stendl played for a certain result against certain teams.

Got the point he wanted from each game as well. Us at their place, you twice, Luton away, Donny.
Knew they would get top 2 when that lad fly hacked at the ball in the TV Game at Walsall and got them all 3 pts with the last kick of the game.

We just need to win our next 3 and we shouldbe targeting 9 points. No point looking much further than that. February is a very tough month for us, but hopefully a few new players in and we can have a real go. Win the next 3 and momentum would be huge.

Agree mate

Stendl played for a certain result against certain teams.

Got the point he wanted from each game as well. Us at their place, you twice, Luton away, Donny.
Knew they would get top 2 when that lad fly hacked at the ball in the TV Game at Walsall and got them all 3 pts with the last kick of the game.

brilliant management made sure the better teams didn’t beat us knowing we’d beat the rest, I think that mind set was established on a Tuesday night in Sunderland.

Top 6 will be Rotherham, Coventry, Ipswich, Oxford, Pompey and us. Wouldn’t like to call the order. Think it could get very, very bunched.

Donkey Rovers will finish in the top six very capable of sticking an impressive 10/15 game run together. They’ll finish the season strongly in my opinion.

I'm all for optimism but christ we've won like 4 games recently. If we can do well out of our next 3 games (all winnable really) i'll be much more confident.

Exactly. In our last 6 we have drawn and won 3. Most teams do not break sweat over that length of an undefeated run. Their fans would still be concerned. Not us. To us that sort of run of games without defeat get's us carried away so easily and makes us think we are going to win the whole flipping league. In order for us to really be confident when it comes to getting results we really have finally stopped becoming the team we have been for years we are going to need to win a whole lot more and more convincingly.

We'll beat Rotherham at their place, they are going to be absolutely gutted. And seething.

Every year some sort of title showdown is projected yet rarely happens ie us last year.

No idea how things will pan out but wouldnt suprise me if thst games a dead rubber.

Long way to go yet !
Exactly it is a simple as that. The top half of the league is pretty tight and there are still 20 or so games to go. At the moment Wycombe are faltering and Rotherham are doing well but neither have a convincing lead over the rest of the pack.

Any team in the top ten that can put a decent run of 10 or 12 wins together is going to do well. On the basis of our recent form that's a big ask for us . A couple of wins have got us back in the top six but a couple of loses could just as easily put us back down to 15th - we need a sustained period of improvement not just 2 or 3 wins. People are of the view that the next three games are winnable Well let's get them won and then start thinking about the rest.

Wouldn’t surprise me if on the last day 4-6 teams can still finish top 2 and it will be changing all day as the goals go in.

Every year some sort of title showdown is projected yet rarely happens ie us last year.

No idea how things will pan out but wouldnt suprise me if thst games a dead rubber.

same for us last year, everyone scraping about for tickets for our last game at Bristol Rovers, we got promoted the Tuesday before without playing.

Exactly it is a simple as that. The top half of the league is pretty tight and there are still 20 or so games to go. At the moment Wycombe are faltering and Rotherham are doing well but neither have a convincing lead over the rest of the pack.

Any team in the top ten that can put a decent run of 10 or 12 wins together is going to do well. On the basis of our recent form that's a big ask for us . A couple of wins have got us back in the top six but a couple of loses could just as easily put us back down to 15th - we need a sustained period of improvement not just 2 or 3 wins. People are of the view that the next three games are winnable Well let's get them won and then start thinking about the rest.
11 points separate the top 16 teams. There are 6 points between the final playoff spot (6th) & 16th. It's not fanciful to suggest (at this stage) that any of the top 16 teams could win promotion, if they put together a sustained run. It's all to play for....

Exactly. In our last 6 we have drawn and won 3. Most teams do not break sweat over that length of an undefeated run. Their fans would still be concerned. Not us. To us that sort of run of games without defeat get's us carried away so easily and makes us think we are going to win the whole flipping league. In order for us to really be confident when it comes to getting results we really have finally stopped becoming the team we have been for years we are going to need to win a whole lot more and more convincingly.
More convincingly than thrashing top of the league 4-0?

We need to start winning away. If we can do that then the top 2 is a possibility. As people are saying, we've already had a mini decent run, mainly through a lot of home game results, but we'll still be 9th if the teams with games in hand behind us do well in those games. It was only 3 weeks or so ago that we couldn't beat or score at home to Bolton, a team with a records of W1 D1 L9 F5 A34 (!) on the road this season - so let's not get carried away just yet!!

Inconsistency I suspect will mean we're in a battle to end up in the play offs for the rest of the season. I hope we can make it as unlike last season, we might actually go into those with a bit of momentum.

Last edited:

Back