Rotherham to win it and us for 4th

MK Dons away will be a good benchmark for you.They try and play decent football, have most of their better players back, and are not playing like a lower L1 side. A win there would be a really good result. If you don't, no need for a meltdown (although I know that's not what happens on forums), as they will take points off others - particularly at their place.

It was a good result, but we caught Wycombe at a good time. They’re enduring a poor run of form at the moment.
Is it a poor run of form? They've played us, Pompey and the other teams in the top four (at the time) - playing (arguably) the best five teams (or five of the top six / seven) in the league and doing not so well isn't the same as poor form.

Last edited:
Is it a poor run of form? They've played us, Pompey and the other teams in the top four (at the time) - playing (arguably) the best five teams (or five of the top six / seven) in the league and doing not so well isn't the same as poor form.

Then the 4-0 win isn’t much to crow about despite their position. They’re beset by injuries which has contributed to their poor run.

Then the 4-0 win isn’t much to crow about despite their position. They’re beset by injuries which has contributed to their poor run.
They were in the automatic promotion places after the Cov / Pompey / Ipswich results. Even if they end up finishing the season not making the play-offs, beating them 4-0 (in the manner we did) was a very convincing victory. Who was missing, injured from their side, when we thumped them 4-0?

When u got beat 4-2?

Yeah it knocked the stuffing out of us, we played really well that night, I know you lot don’t believe it and only watched your own team, but we did, we was just as good as you that night but we lost, after that we didn’t take risks trying to win games against the good sides, we knew we’d got the best defence in the league so we made sure teams in and around us didn’t gain 3 against us, it won us promotion in the end and in my opinion that mind set was due to the beating you gave us at your place, we tried to play you at football and got done we didn’t make that mistake again.

MK Dons away will be a good benchmark for you.They try and play decent football, have most of their better players back, and are not playing like a lower L1 side. A win there would be a really good result. If you don't, no need for a meltdown (although I know that's not what happens on forums), as they will take points off others - particularly at their place.
Tough nut to crack at yame. Be happy with a sweaty 1 niller there.

Yeah it knocked the stuffing out of us, we played really well that night, I know you lot don’t believe it and only watched your own team, but we did, we was just as good as you that night but we lost, after that we didn’t take risks trying to win games against the good sides, we knew we’d got the best defence in the league so we made sure teams in and around us didn’t gain 3 against us, it won us promotion in the end and in my opinion that mind set was due to the beating you gave us at your place, we tried to play you at football and got done we didn’t make that mistake again.
I rated you that night mate. We just got too far in front very quickly
You can only beat what is in front of you mate.
A seven goal to one return in the last two home games seems a million miles away from Boxing Day

Last edited:

Back