Rotavirus

Immodium doesn't trap it. It stops the absorption of water into stools, thus firming it up. The OP will still excrete the virus but it won't be like a tap.
Without going into the mechanism of action of loperamide, by preventing the bowels from moving as is the bodies natural reaction (ie diarrhoea) means the "virus" is not being flushed out as it were

Cos he’s got the shits, self diagnosed rotavirus which is basically the shits. His intestines need to slow down or he’ll continue to shit through the eye of a needle.
Anyway it’s something bairns get, adults just need to man up or take Imodium.

A rotavirus infection usually starts within two days of exposure to the virus. Initial symptoms are a fever and vomiting, followed by three to seven days of watery diarrhea. ... In adultswho are otherwise healthy, a rotavirusinfection may cause only mild signs and symptoms or none at all.4 Jan 2018
Natural reaction of the body to eradicate a virus is the 5hits

Without going into the mechanism of action of loperamide, by preventing the bowels from moving as is the bodies natural reaction (ie diarrhoea) means the "virus" is not being flushed out as it were

Are you the diarrhea police like?

I know but to rid his body of it in a comfortable way is a couple of days of shits but then slow your intestines down to stop the runs. The virus will still go but not as ‘violently’.
If it lasts 3 days or more it shouldn’t be us you talk to it should be a doctor or a funeral director. ;)

anyone had this?

I’ve been on wikidoctor and decided this is what I’ve got.

How do I get better? I think I could die soon tbh..

I had it just after Xmas. It was savage but was clear after 5 full days. No medical treatment available.

I followed internet advice and drank plenty of fluids (very weak orange and water), ate loads of toast, crackers, porrige, scrambled eggs, bananas.

Avoid other fruits, all veg, spicy food, alcohol.

Agree with the don’t use Imodium / loperamide crew - I had campylobacter last year and it was the first thing they told me to stop taking at hospital

Back