Ross's half time team talk

Ale taster

Winger
Whatever he said either wasn't understood, wasn't comprehensible or was utter shite, for the pressure we (the team) and we (the fans) endured from the penalty miss on 29 minutes to half time continued in exactly the same way from the start of the second half.
No reaction from the team WHATSOEVER.
I think he's shot his bolt.

actually had the reverse effect! from looking on top for 30
minutes we looked shot for 60!!! similar to the playoffs, he’s knackered tactically if we take an early lead! look at Charlton man! the best thing the done was that daft goal as this bloke was beat from that moment on!

Not like us to come out and be woeful second half mind, couldn't believe what I was watching.
Simple, opposition manager changes team tactics/formation effectively. Ross stands on touchline witnessing opponents taking control and is incapable of organising a counter response other than making ineffective substitutions way too late. He is then perplexed at why his master plan isn't working but continues to use It anyway. Madness!

"Great start lads. Let's keep it nice and tight at the back and go all out for the next two goals to kill the game off. I want to see the ball played along the deck at all times. Find space. Don't panic. Work hard for each other and make the fans proud of Sunderland."

OR

"Let's keep it at 1-0 lads. What's your name at right back ... errr ... I know you're shite but stay on for another 20 minutes or so. Onion boy you're doing OK, but I'm gonna put you back in shite lad's position half way through the half. Listen, lads ... there's no need for all this pressing. Save your energy for Bolton at the weekend. If you get a chance hoof the ball into their half and make them run around. Look at Peterborough. They won 6-0 with just 28% of the ball. Where's what's his name that scored a hat-trick against Wimbledon? Hey, son ... you'll get on at the end if we need you. Now, go out and make sure we don't lose."

- All said in a dull, barely comprehensible Scottish accent.

I wonder if Ross knows he's for the chop already? He kicked off the other day with a reporter about the teams performance and then went and changed the side again. That doesn't look to me like a manager comfortable with the way his team is playing or how they are set up.....I think he knows He's finished.

I wonder if Ross knows he's for the chop already? He kicked off the other day with a reporter about the teams performance and then went and changed the side again. That doesn't look to me like a manager comfortable with the way his team is playing or how they are set up.....I think he knows He's finished.

Good for all concerned. Shame this didn't happen in the summer.

Good for all concerned. Shame this didn't happen in the summer.

I was all for giving him this season after the mistakes of the last but it's clear that he's learned fuck all or is that arrogant that he thinks he knows it all already...either way he's f***ing up probably the biggest opportunity he'll ever get in management.

Donald will be reading and I wouldn't be surprised if he had his finger on the trigger.

I was all for giving him this season after the mistakes of the last but it's clear that he's learned fuck all or is that arrogant that he thinks he knows it all already...either way he's f***ing up probably the biggest opportunity he'll ever get in management.

Donald will be reading and I wouldn't be surprised if he had his finger on the trigger.

I agree. Last night summed up his time at Sunderland in a nutshell. Apart from an encouraging opening spell of 25-30 minutes where we closed them down and at times knocked the ball around comfortably, our performance in the last hour of the game was largely utter gash. We seemed to run out of energy, stopped closing down as quickly, couldn't string more than 2 passes together, and generally went into panic mode later in the game. This against a reasonable, but hardly world-beating Rotherham team. I think we were fortunate in the end to get a draw despite having the clearer cut chances in the game, including the penalty.

I agree. Last night summed up his time at Sunderland in a nutshell. Apart from an encouraging opening spell of 25-30 minutes where we closed them down and at times knocked the ball around comfortably, our performance in the last hour of the game was largely utter gash. We seemed to run out of energy, stopped closing down as quickly, couldn't string more than 2 passes together, and generally went into panic mode later in the game. This against a reasonable, but hardly world-beating Rotherham team. I think we were fortunate in the end to get a draw despite having the clearer cut chances in the game, including the penalty.

Players are going to be tired because it's rarely the same lads doing 70/90 mins every week...they may be fit but they aren't match fit because of Ross changing the side too often and he'll do it again come Saturday if he's still in charge.

There's no settled side or way of playing and that will be just as frustrating for the players as it is for the fans.

Players are going to be tired because it's rarely the same lads doing 70/90 mins every week...they may be fit but they aren't match fit because of Ross changing the side too often and he'll do it again come Saturday if he's still in charge.

There's no settled side or way of playing and that will be just as frustrating for the players as it is for the fans...I just can't see a formation or an idea of how to play and it looks like the players think that way too.

Right. Every match feels a bit like a pre-season game where the players are not yet sure of the system or who they will be playing alongside when the season starts. But we're already well into September, and it'll soon be October.

I think we'll struggle to beat Bolton on Saturday. We might have enough quality to dig a 2-1 win, but I can easily see a 1-1 draw, or even a 1-0 reverse if they are really up for it and we play like we did for the last hour last night. It's just the typical Sunderland way.

Right. Every match feels a bit like a pre-season game where the players are not yet sure of the system or who they will be playing alongside when the season starts. But we're already well into September, and it'll soon be October.

I think we'll struggle to beat Bolton on Saturday. We might have enough quality to dig a 2-1 win, but I can easily see a 1-1 draw, or even a 1-0 reverse if they are really up for it and we play like we did for the last hour last night. It's just the typical Sunderland way.

2nd half last night was the same as the 2nd half against Accrington, we just simply can't play 90 mins of football....last night, we only played up until McGeady's pen and that was on around the 30 Min mark!... we were 2nd best afterwards.

Back