Ross

Had very little faith in him after last season anyway, but now he's decided on a formation which excludes wingers despite the best player at the club being a winger :lol:

His treatment of O'Nien is irritating too, why did he buy him when he seems to have no intention of playing him in his natural position?

Another worry with the captaincy - Leadbitter isn't good enough to start every week, just as Honeyman wasn't. Could be groundhog day with the captaincy situation this season.

In terms of the new players - he's brought in a right back to play as a centre half, McNulty looks very similar to Maguire who again will find his chances limited by playing with no wingers. Early days but Dobson looks a more mobile version of what we have, not sure if we entirely needed that if we have Power.

Saturday was a replica of last season, there's very little positives to take away from a hard fought draw against an Oxford side who will be happy to be mid table this season. The pattern of play was the same, slow, no penetration, nothing for the strikers to feed on and of course we gifted a poor goal to Oxford. Ross was his usual self on the sidelines, motionless, hands in pockets whereas Robinson was practically refereeing the game! I know it can count for little but surely Ross cannot be motivating the players with this approach? I don't even listen to his interviews most of the time as he's so dour and uninspiring.

Very early days but on the back of the second half of last season, Saturday was an important game for Ross and another failure. Nothing had changed and even with some positive results in the games to come, I'm concerned that long-term, nothing will.

Back