Ross Out

Should have been sacked after Charlton final. Hope the decision to sack him late doesn’t end up costing us promotion.
Picking a team that was set up for an away 0-0 in the previous game in a one off must win game should have seen him sacked. He should never have been here to make the complete fuck up of a pre season we witnessed. 4 games to implement yet another system and get a squad of players fit. Absolute joke.

Picking a team that was set up for an away 0-0 in the previous game in a one off must win game should have seen him sacked. He should never have been here to make the complete fuck up of a pre season we witnessed. 4 games to implement yet another system and get a squad of players fit. Absolute joke.
Pompey away in the play offs wasn't a must win

I've just watched Parkiola's pre match interview.

At last we have a leader and a man who looks as though he is in total control
Talks simple and talks sense
He has certainly commanded my respect and hopefully we can all get behind the fella cos he's got them playing canny and a joy to watch
Onwards and upwards
Funny owld game :lol::lol:

Personally I thought it was possibley the wrong decision at the time. I felt he was doing pretty much average with the group of players he had.

Having seen us get shot of mcgeady along with hume, dobson, maguire and wykes progression then I was probabley wrong.

Agree with every word you said. I felt it was the wrong decision and then felt vindicated by the dreadful start Parky made. I’ve been proven wrong after the last few weeks. We are playing better now than we ever did under Ross.

Thought Ross going was correct but not appointing PP

Love to be proved wrong tho me
Same for me, would have thought we would have had someone better lined up and for weeks it looked like a poor appointment, in hindsight fitness and formation take time to get right and the make or break decision on Mcgeady looks bang on (I thought it too was never really convinced about him) but it was still brave by Parky, still a bit to go but with a couple more in this window I'm confident tbh, didn't think that would be the case and I don't care if it was luck or good judgement by the powers that be but there seems a plan there and the players seem to have bought into it, onwards and upwards hopefully...

Get beat tomorrow and the Parky doubters will be back mind ...

Regardless of if Parky is the right man or the wrong man JR has blatantly had them underprepared going into the season. Don’t want to put it all on Ross as the players have a lot of responsibility for their own actions but there’s no way they should be unfitter/getting outworked by other sides.

Seen an interview with him on Sky Sports News a few days before the play-off final and he was going on about how managers have no influence on a game once it kicks off, whatever little confidence I had in us possibly sneaking a result evaporated at that moment. Then when Charlton were very obviously reeling from the own goal we still sat back and invited pressure :evil:

Said at the time that I'd have had serious reservations about keeping him even if we had got promoted but the fact that he was still here to oversee pre-season was a pretty damning indictment of Donald.

I disagree

At the start from Ross we were pressing high up the pitch. When McGeady came back in he slowed our game down to stop us conceding because with mcguire, mcgeady and maja we were always likely to score. Then we sold maja thoigh i still think we'd have gone up if we'd have played ozturk earlier because we got bullied out of a few games conceding cheap goals
100% agree regarding Ozturk. I am still baffled why he was not picked at Wembley after the perfomances he gave in the Checktrade

I still think Ross will come good as a manager. The Sunderland job was too big for him at his stage of his career and he wasn't brave enough. The players we had were good enough to score the 2nd and 3rd goal but we invited pressure.

I think Ross will go on to have a good future. This job in the current circumstances wasn’t the right time for him.

You might be right. However what exactly are you basing that on? There is little to no evidence to suggest that will be the case. He has achieved one promotion at a very poor standard and failed here. Every single performance indicator you would judge a manager on he came up short. Tactics, recruitment, substitutions, all very poor. Its not even like the football was good or there was even a discernable style of play developing. He managed all of this despite having the strongest hand of all of his peers in the division.

Is absolutely correct.
Ross was awful,should have gone months before he did.

Last edited:

Back