Ross Out

I've just watched Parkiola's pre match interview.

At last we have a leader and a man who looks as though he is in total control
Talks simple and talks sense
He has certainly commanded my respect and hopefully we can all get behind the fella cos he's got them playing canny and a joy to watch
Onwards and upwards
Which you simply couldn't get from Ross. His patter about Roman Generals, leadership tips and tactical masterclasses made my toes curl.

He was a confidence manager like Keegan in his day or Chris Coleman for us. That's fine but to have a team of players lacking peak fitness is naive at best.

Actually in the beginning it felt like he did have a pattern of play etc. fuck knows what happened to it.
Can you remember that period we would concede an early goal and then have to fight back, around the October I think that's when he started going too negative and worrying about clean sheets even though we weren't good enough to keep them, yet we were good enough to keep attacking sides n blow them away but he became obsessed with clean sheets and doing so proved his down fall 1-1's coming out of every orifice

I've just watched Parkiola's pre match interview.

At last we have a leader and a man who looks as though he is in total control
Talks simple and talks sense
He has certainly commanded my respect and hopefully we can all get behind the fella cos he's got them playing canny and a joy to watch
Onwards and upwards

i thought his very first interview was good and was surprised how clueless he and the team gradually looked. Really glad hes back on track and im sure his confidence, like the team's , is on the up

Ross was a shambles and should have been sacked in January 2019. Should have pissed the league with last seasons squad. Should have got in the top 2 with this seasons squad. Both seasons of massive underachievement, to be perfectly honest.

The Parkinson ass kissing needs to take a rest though. We’ve only won 3 games of the last 5. Some need to settle down. I’d love to be proven wrong and for him to win all remaining games, but he’s got a lot more to prove before he’s worthy of the praise he gets on here

To be fair, we did have a clear pattern of play and formation, under Ross... Give it to Maja in the box and then try and hold on for 1-0. :)
Ross spent millions on attacking players and yet the onus on getting results was on a defence made up of players played out of position, free transfers and players who wanted away.

Ross was a shambles and should have been sacked in January 2019. Should have pissed the league with last seasons squad. Should have got in the top 2 with this seasons squad. Both seasons of massive underachievement, to be perfectly honest.

The Parkinson ass kissing needs to take a rest though. We’ve only won 3 games of the last 5. Some need to settle down. I’d love to be proven wrong and for him to win all remaining games, but he’s got a lot more to prove before he’s worthy of the praise he gets on here
Kind of agree. Don't think Parky's as much of a soft touch as Ross.

Yes indeed.

I think most of us were guilty.

I was in despair with Parky after the Gillingham away match. I had seen so many poor dispirating performances and could see no way forward. The change has been remarkable but it really does need to continue as if you look at the table, everyone is looking up, but two or three poor results and we would be back in the bottom half.

What I will say is that the fitness levels have hugely improved and in order to do that, they must have been doing extra training in those first few weeks when the results and performances were so flat. Maybe that was a neccessary evil, and the players were tired come match day?

Its certainly paying off now though, so fair play and long may it continue. Leaving for MK Dons in 6 and a half hours. ;)

Last edited:
Ross was great up until January, we sold Maja and it all fell apart.

Jury is still out on Parkinson, he’s still only won 5 games since he was appointed in October. However, the jury are changing their minds.If he gets us promoted then I will admit I was wrong.

Ross was great up until January, we sold Maja and it all fell apart.

Jury is still out on Parkinson, he’s still only won 5 games since he was appointed in October. However, the jury are changing their minds.If he gets us promoted then I will admit I was wrong.

Not really true that about after January. 9 wins and unbeaten between Jan 1 - April 13 (4-5 Coventry home game)

The fuck ups came in April/May, in the crucial run in, with draws and two crucial defeats away to Fleetwood and Southend.

Kind of agree. Don't think Parky's as much of a soft touch as Ross.

Really it is impossible to tell things like this from the outside. Too many amateur psychologists on this forum will try to though. Same as the crack about fitness - you can’t tell the difference between a lean and a more lean footballer from the stands, sorry but it’s impossible, and a few wins does more for work rate on the pitch than any amount of fitness will tbh.
Parkinson’s had a good two weeks after a very very poor two months. Nothing more, nothing less. Far too early to go over the top like most are on here

Thought Ross going was correct but not appointing PP

Love to be proved wrong tho me
Don't really think it's a case or being proved right or wrong. As group of supporters all we want to do is win games and if it's done with a bit of style all the better. Let's just appreciate that we have someone in charge who seems to know what he's doing I.e. giving us a shape to play in that suits the players and getting them fitter, and I just hope if things continue to improve we have the good grace to show our appreciation of what he's done. For me it's the simple fact I'm actually looking forward/getting excited about going to the games again.

Back