Ross Out

I disagree

At the start from Ross we were pressing high up the pitch. When McGeady came back in he slowed our game down to stop us conceding because with mcguire, mcgeady and maja we were always likely to score. Then we sold maja thoigh i still think we'd have gone up if we'd have played ozturk earlier because we got bullied out of a few games conceding cheap goals
Massively rode our luck in a huge amount of games as well, we never looked convincing under Ross.

Really it is impossible to tell things like this from the outside. Too many amateur psychologists on this forum will try to though. Same as the crack about fitness - you can’t tell the difference between a lean and a more lean footballer from the stands, sorry but it’s impossible, and a few wins does more for work rate on the pitch than any amount of fitness will tbh.
Parkinson’s had a good two weeks after a very very poor two months. Nothing more, nothing less. Far too early to go over the top like most are on here

Heard you the first time.
If Parkinson did prove you wrong, you'd only move on to something else you could take a bleak and pessimistic viewpoint on.

Last edited:
He did, but we didn't have the right players that it would work with. Looked like he was keeping a purely defensive back 4 with 2 CDM's to retain possession and start attacks from. Long balls out to the wings, crosses into the box. Impossible to do when you don't have 1 player anywhere near 6ft forward of defence, that was bloody clear to see. Wingers who cannot, or will not cross a ball & a lone striker every game.
What Parky is showing us now is what I though we would get off Ross - attacking, pressing football, but we never did. What is abundantly clear now is that PP is a better manager than JR plus I'm happy to admit I was wrong about him.
But we beat Wimbledon down there who last season had what I think must be the tallest team ever put out in British football.
Not really true that about after January. 9 wins and unbeaten between Jan 1 - April 13 (4-5 Coventry home game)

The fuck ups came in April/May, in the crucial run in, with draws and two crucial defeats away to Fleetwood and Southend.
I think he means we looked a decent team until January then sold Maja and although getting results by the seat of our pants at times it wasn’t as convincing....and became less and less so as the season went on.

Last edited:
Really it is impossible to tell things like this from the outside. Too many amateur psychologists on this forum will try to though. Same as the crack about fitness - you can’t tell the difference between a lean and a more lean footballer from the stands, sorry but it’s impossible, and a few wins does more for work rate on the pitch than any amount of fitness will tbh.
Parkinson’s had a good two weeks after a very very poor two months. Nothing more, nothing less. Far too early to go over the top like most are on here

Hardly going over the top mate.

Massively rode our luck in a huge amount of games as well, we never looked convincing under Ross.

No but that was more to do with the defenders than the formation. He was trying to play on the break. Then he gave up on that at the start of the season and i have no idea what he was doing

Back