Ross on Watmore..

Because he's not very good. And your hungry comment is nonsense. I don't want to be too critical of him here though as I don't think it's the thread for it.
Its not though, JR is pretty much saying as much in the article. I do agree that he isn't the best footballer as he tends to lose possession far to easy but he is a young lad and if we can iron out some of his drawbacks he could easily be our best player.

never really been a fan of Watmore but can see what he brings. just puts his head down and runs aimlessly into dead ends far to often for me. find him infuriating to watch

in this league though where the defenders are utter shite it'll be a different option if he's actually retained any pace with the injury. will get us moving up the pitch quickly with any luck as we are a bit pedestrian at times

Same at Brentford last sseason.Coming back after injury, he was the catalyst for us being 3-1 up at half time. Turning defence into attack in a matter of seconds. When he went off in second half we lost our way.
He terrified their defence, when he went off they had nowt to worry about. He tortured Prestons back four when he came on as well. Remember that tackle their keeper did on HIM ON THE HALF WAY LINE. Anybody who thinks he will not be a massive bonus for us in this league needs to pick a different sport.

never really been a fan of Watmore but can see what he brings. just puts his head down and runs aimlessly into dead ends far to often for me. find him infuriating to watch

in this league though where the defenders are utter shite it'll be a different option if he's actually retained any pace with the injury. will get us moving up the pitch quickly with any luck as we are a bit pedestrian at times

I know it's not a universal view, but I think the combination of Catts and McGeouch is making us pedestrian, calm, strong on the ball but both play a holding role that I just don't think we have room for two of at the moment, maybe with Watmore it will work better and give them someone to hit as they are both capable of an incisive forward pass when they see a run, rather than risking a pass to someone standing with a marker which they are both loathe to do. TBH whether its Barca's fault or not - any forward should be looking for space all the time, to me ball to feet is sensible in defence, safe in midfield, but ineffective too often up front. We cannot play only 'netball' style against better teams than those we have overpowered with it.

Spot on. I agree with all the good things said about him on this thread and I'm really looking forward to seeing him back. But,he is a bit head down at times and I hope that he gets a more time in this league to get his head up and show a little more awareness. That said,I have real confidence in Ross to be able to coach that into him. I hope he hasn't lost too much of his natural pace....presume he will have a bit.....because he can rip defences in this division.

Spot on. I agree with all the good things said about him on this thread and I'm really looking forward to seeing him back. But,he is a bit head down at times and I hope that he gets a more time in this league to get his head up and show a little more awareness. That said,I have real confidence in Ross to be able to coach that into him. I hope he hasn't lost too much of his natural pace....presume he will have a bit.....because he can rip defences in this division.

hopefully as you say he'll get more time to get his head up in this league. used to drive me round the bend when he'd just stick his head down and start running (straight out of play sometimes :lol:) oblivious to what was happening around him

Back