Ross Noble

Status
Not open for further replies.
See I dont know because I was watching a bit of micky flanagan the other day, and he was doing a bit about sauce, the only thing of note was that every time he said sauce he said it like 'sorce' and the crowd were in kinks
Yeah his using his local dialect to good effect "owt owt" but he talks about sauce and shagging women and drinking and the wife etc,so he's quite traditional in his subject matter.Noble is more out there with his subjects

Flanagan was brilliant when I seen him a few months ago, naturally funny bloke. Ross Noble too was also excellent, a more improvised act but brilliant how he does it. You can't watch Noble on a dvd, has to be live to appreciate him.

amazingly different people find different things funny.....

I am baffled as to why anybody thinks mrs browns boys or only fools and horses is funny

comedy for cretins as far as I can see.....but each to their own

I think they're two different things though. Mrs Brown Boys scrapes the bottom of the barrel but there is obviously a market for it. OF&H has some genuinely well written and well acted moments. The scenes at Rodney's new girlfriend's shooting party for example are very clever and funny. I agree though that a lot of the episodes are pretty dire, especially if watched more than once.

I bought one of his DVDs a number of years ago and despite trying a couple of times, I don't think I have ever seen them through to the end. Funny for 5 minute spells but ah hour gets tired quite quickly. I do like him on QI though. Again I suppose it is a few amusing quips rather than an extended spell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back