Ross McCormack

Status
Not open for further replies.
No no no.
Short didn't get us into this mess.
He never scouted the shit players that got us into this mess.
Messrs Keane, Bruce, MoN, Advocaat and Moyes did the vast majority of the damage.
They identified the players they wanted and went cap in hand to short for the money.
He was foolish enough to believe that any of them had a clue as to what they were doing. That is his failing ..supporting managers WE ALL wanted.
This myth he got us into the mess buying crap players is something dreamed up by dead heads.
You keep spouting this shite man. Short has absolutely fucked us - he never truly backed a manager so that they could focus on improving us with real quality. Every year we were buying 6-7 players to plug gaps - 'squad players' that ended up being first team players - downward spiral into shit city. Managers were always having to be reactive.

No no no.
Messrs Keane, Bruce, MoN, Advocaat and Moyes did the vast majority of the damage.
They identified the players they wanted and went cap in hand to short for the money.
He was foolish enough to believe that any of them had a clue as to what they were doing. That is his failing ..supporting managers WE ALL wanted.
This myth he got us into the mess buying crap players is something dreamed up by dead heads.
At the end of the day the buck stops with Short who appointed the numpties who spent good, sometimes fantasic money on players that were either finished, second rate or mates. That is when it should have been stamped out.. Short has bank rolled this club for a long time but those appointment he made, again friends (A friend of his sons as an example), a newly qualified solicitor and an agent who really had no contacts sums it up as an abortion of a owner of our football club.

People just look at Shorts put 200m in but dont actually pay close attention to what the managers had to do with that 200m.

I bet our spend per player is very very small compared to the rest of the league. No good spending 40m on 15 players when Stoke are spending 25m on 3 players.

People just look at Shorts put 200m in but dont actually pay close attention to what the managers had to do with that 200m.

I bet our spend per player is very very small compared to the rest of the league. No good spending 40m on 15 players when Stoke are spending 25m on 3 players.
Again, that's the choice of the manager in most cases - wanting to throw out players who they couldn't be bothered to try to get a tune out of in favour of their own men. And Stoke did exactly what we should have done in that they basically stopped spending for 18 months after moving Pulis on. It was that breathing space that allowed them to go on and spend big money on a few marquee players. And strangely enough it's the weight of those marquee players that is dragging them down now.

At the end of the day the buck stops with Short who appointed the numpties who spent good, sometimes fantasic money on players that were either finished, second rate or mates. That is when it should have been stamped out.. Short has bank rolled this club for a long time but those appointment he made, again friends (A friend of his sons as an example), a newly qualified solicitor and an agent who really had no contacts sums it up as an abortion of a owner of our football club.

I can't see how anyone can argue with this tbh. With a good system and disciplined players we could still go up this year but if you look around at other clubs investment I suspect if they get their systems right we'll not make the top two. That will be very costly to us. With a committed board i.e. committed to football not a sale we'd not be in this position. The sooner Short and Bain go the better.

If you look in the cold light of day, each managerial / DoF/Coaching appointment was wrong, one way or another. I'm one of those who looked ,for example MoN, through rose tinted spec. I always love MoN's style but I didn't see any of it at Sunderland. Bruce, European experience, not a clue on tactics. Poyet, tactical genius, so much so that we never attacked. Dick, well out of his depth in the EPL, Di Canio, went about it all the wrong way. Only Keane had any semblance of a plan.. Notice I've missed Moyes out.

I can't see how anyone can argue with this tbh. With a good system and disciplined players we could still go up this year but if you look around at other clubs investment I suspect if they get their systems right we'll not make the top two. That will be very costly to us. With a committed board i.e. committed to football not a sale we'd not be in this position. The sooner Short and Bain go the better.
Once he has capitalised on the sale of the remaining players Khazri, Lens, Koné, Dilabodji, N'Dong, taken the tranches of TV revenue and parachute payments ,say around December /January time i think they are due and paid down the debt further, he will sell to the first one that comes along

Last edited:
You keep spouting this shite man. Short has absolutely fucked us - he never truly backed a manager so that they could focus on improving us with real quality. Every year we were buying 6-7 players to plug gaps - 'squad players' that ended up being first team players - downward spiral into shit city. Managers were always having to be reactive.
We can't just go out and sign any player we want tho we have to take who we can get,so how much money he gave us is irrelevant even if he gave us a 100 million there is no guarantee players would sign for us!!! We are feeding off scraps and paying over the odds for shite there is lads in the under 23s could of done a better job than pienarr etc moyes could of bough 3 ten million pound players used the kids to plug gaps then this season sign another 3 10 million pound players instead of wasting the whole f***ing lot on shit

But that's the managers choice nobody told him how to spend the fucker he could of bought 3 10 million quid players that would improve us and used like of maja to plug the gaps then this season done the same again that would be 6 10 million quid players over 2 seasons instead he spunked the whole lot

Last edited:
No no no.
So the bloke who keeps appointing these failures and swapping from one model to another is blameless? He's the one common denominator in all of our failures

If you look in the cold light of day, each managerial / DoF/Coaching appointment was wrong, one way or another. I'm one of those who looked ,for example MoN, through rose tinted spec. I always love MoN's style but I didn't see any of it at Sunderland. Bruce, European experience, not a clue on tactics. Poyet, tactical genius, so much so that we never attacked. Dick, well out of his depth in the EPL, Di Canio, went about it all the wrong way. Only Keane had any semblance of a plan.. Notice I've missed Moyes out.

Once he has capitalised on the sale of the remaining players Khazri, Lens, Koné, Dilabodji, N'Dong, taken the tranches of TV revenue and parachute payments ,say around December /January time i think they are due and paid down the debt further, he will sell to the first one that comes along

I disagree. MON style is to play quick attacking football with a forward player to bounce off. He had loads of holes to fill but did the sensible thing and only bought players who he really wanted rather than spread the money he bought what he believed was quality (yes he bought Danny Graham but Graham was successful playing in a Swansea team that was what oneil was aiming for)

Not enough time to rebuild.

Dicanio should never have been given a Permanent contract but in the summer he said the team needed some characters who knew the English game so what was he given, diakite, cabral, giaccherini almost the exact opposite of what he asked for.

Poyet had us set up to play an expansive passing game until that Southampton game where he lost his bottle, still though I think if he'd been told he would keep his job even if we were relegated he may have persevered with his passing style.

Bruce was awful at tactics but he was great at transfers. The first summer he brought in bent, Campbell, cana, cattermole, Turner. He also signed sessegnon, zenden and gyan. Then when we sold bent and henderson suddenly he only had that money and went bargain hunting. I'd argue he actually didn't make that many mistakes even that summer compared to future managers. His biggest mistake was saying we were a little club where tenth was a stretch goal. Before that he still had time to turn it round and he certainly had the players

No no no.

All of this is a crock of shit.....

You keep leaving Di Fanti and Congerton out.....:oops::lol:

Most of the managerial appointments were welcomed by the fans, the only real blunder was bringing in De Fanti and trying to change the club's philosophy (if ever there was one).
As you pointed out, good money was spent on bad players.
Putting trust in the wrong people, unintentionally, is all he is guilty of.
None of us have done that, have we?
Reading stuff on here you'd think he came here to do this on purpose.
I'm surprised someone hasn't come out saying he is a Mag in Mackem clothing.

The asset stripping should mean he'll cover his outlay........then he should fook off into the Sunset, I work with Yanks, very good at gobbing off and making money to be fair.......but in general, when it comes to common sense, thick as Fookin shoite

So short should actively interfere with and participate in player recruitment?
So all the shite that we have bought over the past decade is shorts fault.
Marvelous

Most of the managerial appointments were welcomed by the fans, the only real blunder was bringing in De Fanti and trying to change the club's philosophy (if ever there was one).
As you pointed out, good money was spent on bad players.
Putting trust in the wrong people, unintentionally, is all he is guilty of.
None of us have done that, have we?
Reading stuff on here you'd think he came here to do this on purpose.
I'm surprised someone hasn't come out saying he is a Mag in Mackem clothing.
Ellis Short is never that, a mag, far from it. He has however made monumental cockups with his managerial appointments with executives who have given positions of which note have had the relevant experience.. If short had placed experienced people on the business side of the game, i for one am sure we would not be in the mess we find ourselves in now. If he ran his investment business the way he hfootballing people
The asset stripping should mean he'll cover his outlay........then he should fook off into the Sunset, I work with Yanks, very good at gobbing off and making money to be fair.......but in general, when it comes to common sense, thick as Fookin shoite
I've worked wit ha few too , years ago. i find most ,all wind and piss. When the going gets a bit rough my experince is that they bail or try finding scape goats.. Only one I worked for , would I give the time of day to. He was the main man at McDermott Corp.

So short should actively interfere with and participate in player recruitment?
So all the shite that we have bought over the past decade is shorts fault.
Marvelous

Short should have hired an experienced CEO who could actively interfere with recruitment not inexperienced nobodies or agents.....it looks like we have one now but its too late!
All the shite we have bought is his fault as he overseen the managerial appointments who in turn wasted his money, season upon season we filled the squad with loans that never turned into buys which meant the squad was constantly needing overhauled. All the overhauled squads year on year became worse and worse as the money he authorised to be spent previously dried up and eventually something had to give. Without a doubt he has the clubs best interests at heart but he has cocked it up massively. He was one of the main people driving the financial fair play route which again came back to bite him on the arse. The list goes on and on, that's without mentioning the amount of times the clubs name has been dragged through the dirt through his mismanagement. Sometimes you have to stick your hand in the air and acknowledge that you have made mistakes like Ashley did when the mags went down. Short is the reason we are in the championship no matter how you dress it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back