Ross honeymoon period well and truly over

Get fucked, the ref was to blame today

The ref isn't to blame for taking shit short quick free kicks or corners. Or for our inability to close down or put pressure on players when the get close to our box. Or the fact the midfield goes missing when in possession. Or that our players will pass a ball side to side and back when multiple times in one attack we have chances to have a shot.

Edit: I should point out I am NOT saying this is all Ross' fault.

That wasn't down to Jack Ross' tactical genius.

I wasn’t on about that being because of Ross mate :lol:

Just gotta remember we’ve closed the gap on first and still have them to play at home. Honours even Home and away for us and Luton. They’re in brilliant form and we aren’t. Trying to add perspective.

We were easily the better side, and played some good football.
We are open and any team that runs the ball through the middle can cause us problems, but its nothing major.
If we want to play attacking fullbacks then teams that carry the ball or lump it long will have chances.
Going forward today we did ok, but we didn't have enough bodies in the box. It was as though everybody said Wyke is a big lad there's no need for me to be in there.
So many times we had a decent ball into the box but only had Wyke in there and 4 or 5 around the edge.
I don't like 4-4-2 and having a big man requires someone to run in behind we don't have that.
Anybody even thinking about ditching Ross is mental.

The ref isn't to blame for taking shit short quick free kicks or corners. Or for our inability to close down or put pressure on players when the get close to our box. Or the fact the midfield goes missing when in possession. Or that our players will pass a ball side to side and back when multiple times in one attack we have chances to have a shot.
The ref penalised ours players every chance he got, Luton should have had another player sent off, Probert made today’s game all about him, it got to a point where our players were literally standing off because they knew if they put a tackle in he would have given a foul.

I won't criticise him too much, especially for individual games. Some go over the top about him mind (discussing who might take him off us etc). If we don't go up this season hes failed. I wouldn't sack him for it like but it would be a failure, and promotion is nowhere near guaranteed

We were easily the better side, and played some good football.
We are open and any team that runs the ball through the middle can cause us problems, but its nothing major.
If we want to play attacking fullbacks then teams that carry the ball or lump it long will have chances.
Going forward today we did ok, but we didn't have enough bodies in the box. It was as though everybody said Wyke is a big lad there's no need for me to be in there.
So many times we had a decent ball into the box but only had Wyke in there and 4 or 5 around the edge.
I don't like 4-4-2 and having a big man requires someone to run in behind we don't have that.
Anybody even thinking about ditching Ross is mental.

im not thinking of ditching Ross, never said that at all.
He just had a very good opportunity today when Luton were on the ropes and he missed it.
Those 2 points could be massive end of the season

I didn't claim to.
Not sure the pen was even that bad a decision but that aside I thought they were the better side for the most part. Haven't seen any stats but I would be surprised if they didn't win out in pretty much every department.
Must of watched a different game to me, it was a even game, we were 1 up till the dodgy pen which def wasn’t a pen. The 2 red cards I have no idea can’t say I seen what happened on either

The ref penalised ours players every chance he got, Luton should have had another player sent off, Probert made today’s game all about him, it got to a point where our players were literally standing off because they knew if the put a tackle in he would have given a foul.

Absolutely he was shocking but but what I'm saying is we do so of things wrong. I love Ross and hope even if we don't go up he stays for next year.

Second half we came out to play for 1-0. To me that was a clear tactic with us running the clock down and pulling both McGeady and Gooch back to look after their full backs. Maybe that was a good shout given the performances of both sides in the first hal?

Sure that was the intention, only JR knows whether he still thinks it was the right way to go.

Back