Ross honeymoon period well and truly over

He never makes subs when he should. Always 10/15 mimutes too late

That's funny because all the way through the first four months of the season I was hearing he was excellent at making subs and changing the game.

Call me a fool if you like but it's much easier to make a sub and change the game when you have people capable of changing games. Yesterday on our bench we had two teenagers, Oviedo, Ozturk, Matthews coming back from a decent lay off, Ruiter and a defender who is yet untested at this level, whilst we're more or less having to play Wyke to get him up to speed and O'nien at right back, whilst playing players like Maguire who haven't been in form for a while and we could probably have done with resting Gooch. He also made the first sub yesterday 9 mins after the sending off.

Have a look around the league though and you'll see similar inconsistencies from others up there like Barnsley and Luton. At this stage I'm not really sure what you expect or why you're pissing and moaning like a little bitch.

It isn't an excuse :confused:
It's fact

"It's wearing thin" :D

It's a stone wall fact, just as we are third is, just as we have been beaten twice is, as is we've only conceded 25 goals in 26 games which make puts us level with Pompey and Luton, as is only Donny and Luton have scored more.

Last edited:
It’s difficult to dislike the guy and he is exactly what the owners wanted. Someone to reconnect the club to the fans to get people coming back in their droves. It’s worked, but unfortunately he seems hugely limited tactically and the majority of his signings have been poor.
I really try hard to just ignore rubbish like this, but you got me, I'm afraid.
Utter nonsense!!

lacked serious tactical acumen there

Should have gone 3 ate the back when they went to 10

We were running them ragged and we gave them time to get organised.

If he'd switched to 3 with fresh legs we would have swamped them

You missed your vocation, you should be a football manager ffs!

I’ve just been watching clips of the match and the ref wasn’t as bad as I thought to be honest Honkers.
He was way way worse. Nee the wonder I was f***ing raging after the match. Can’t remember the last time a ref fucked up me day the way he did.
I knew he was a nob before the match, but my reasoning was “at least he’s a premier league nob” thinking he might not be great but he should be better than some of the refs we’ve had up to now. Fuck me I couldn’t have been any further wrong if I’d booked a seat on a spaceship. His whole performance yesterday needs looking at. If I did my job the way he did his I’d get the frigging sack.
:lol: He was beyond shite

I’ve barely posted since the game yesterday, because at times I couldn’t believe what I was seeing/reading.
He took over a basket case of a club, with players completely de-motivated, he handled the want aways, and encouraged some to stay.
He is clearly proud to be managing us, rather than feeling he’s doing us a favour, we are third in the league, he’s had one transfer window, is he perfect, probably not, who is, has he made mistakes, probably yes, but who doesn’t.

Can have whatever opinion you want, just expect to get called out on it when its a stupid one.
It’s a two way street marra, who decides that your opinion is valid?
PS Please try and debate a topic sensibly rather than revert to type accusing people of being Mags......pathetic.

Last edited:
I’ve barely posted since the game yesterday, because at times I couldn’t believe what I was seeing/reading.
He took over a basket case of a club, with players completely de-motivated, he handled the want aways, and encouraged some to stay.
He is clearly proud to be managing us, rather than feeling he’s doing us a favour, we are third in the league, he’s had one transfer window, is he perfect, probably not, who is, has he made mistakes, probably yes, but who doesn’t.
Hello Janey, I hope you are managing to cope with the inevitable ups and downs associated with grief, following your Dad's death.
Addressing your point, which reasonable person could disagree? In little over half a year the new regime has breathed more life back into our club than had been sucked out over the preceding decade or so. The fact they took over when we were/are in the third tier is neither here nor there. They've turned things around both on & off the pitch in a way I'd frankly thought might never happen. They seem determined not to fall into the traps of false economy that have beleaguered the club for years & that is to be applauded rather than reviled. Of course, it's symptomatic of idiocy that one never learns. Still, there are many who see the good work & remain guardedly optimistic rather than expecting miracles....
Some on here make Arthur Schopenhauer seem blindly optimistic!

lacked serious tactical acumen there

Should have gone 3 ate the back when they went to 10

We were running them ragged and we gave them time to get organised.

If he'd switched to 3 with fresh legs we would have swamped them

Three at the back to mark one striker who dropped deeper when they went down to ten?

It would have been pointless and a waste of a player.

Back