Ross honeymoon period well and truly over

lacked serious tactical acumen there

Should have gone 3 ate the back when they went to 10

We were running them ragged and we gave them time to get organised.

If he'd switched to 3 with fresh legs we would have swamped them
What a load of rubbish. You know nothing about football if you really think that. The game was crying out for a decent referee.

Hes really not what hes made out to be like

Nice bloke and talks a great game. The end

Tactically hes none existent
The number of times we came back from behind earlier in the season would suggest otherwise. Our bench was very light with attacking options yesterday, not alot he could've done and with a better ref we would've won

Said at the start of the season I’ll give him a bit of leeway. So I didn’t expect us to win the league, just get 2nd place.

I get the feeling the club is too big for him. It’s alright when you’re at St Mirren, you lose a few games and nobody would even notice. Different ball game now, he doesn’t handle the pressure games well and that doesn’t fill me with confidence for the play-offs.
Another one talking drivel. Some people are never happy,

Aye he's had one transfer window to patch together a relegated team involving getting shot of players on Premier wages, a total restructure of the club & he's got us in 3rd position with a game in hand, Ross out! Bring in Pardew!

Most teams are in League Wan because they've been through shoite, we're constantly outplayed and out muscled....10 draws

The number of times we came back from behind earlier in the season would suggest otherwise. Our bench was very light with attacking options yesterday, not alot he could've done and with a better ref we would've won

Will the Ref score Gerls for us?

Last edited:
I wish he’d made a sub as soon as they went down to 10 yesterday like. Think we could have really got at them with some fresh legs. We didn’t seem to take advantage of the situation at all.

Get fucked, the ref was to blame today
I’ve just been watching clips of the match and the ref wasn’t as bad as I thought to be honest Honkers.
He was way way worse. Nee the wonder I was f***ing raging after the match. Can’t remember the last time a ref fucked up me day the way he did.
I knew he was a nob before the match, but my reasoning was “at least he’s a premier league nob” thinking he might not be great but he should be better than some of the refs we’ve had up to now. Fuck me I couldn’t have been any further wrong if I’d booked a seat on a spaceship. His whole performance yesterday needs looking at. If I did my job the way he did his I’d get the frigging sack.

He came into a club in chaos
He had to construct a brand new side, whilst having a number of high earners
He got very little money considering what he needed to replace
We’re 3rd

Very few managers come in and have immediate success. It takes time. We’re 3rd

Hallelujah! Commonsense.

Suggestion. Why don't the so-called 'bed wetters' and destructively pessimistic fannies go and set up like a SAFC United or People's SAFC or something? Be an absolute pleasure to remove some of the drama around the club and place it at arm's length away from some of the positive things happening currently at SAFC.

Alternatively, follow the tried and tested path of bad run = panic button = crisis = new manager. Seriously, I'm MASSIVELY keen to hear who could do a better job that Ross.

Love how people are saying he's "tactically non-existant" etc and how it was as simple as going 352 after Luton went down to ten at the same time they're moaning about included other players be it Wyke one week, Watmore the next, Maguire the week after etc etc. It's generally not as simple as little tweaks, you need the players to be able to do whatever you're asking them to otherwise you can be the most clued up manager ever and it wont have any effect unless the players are capable of carrying it out and are comfortable with it. The truth is yesterday we were playing a very decent side and we're lacking a bit of various things in various areas and trying to get some players up to speed as a result. Even when Luton went down to ten they probably showed more composure than us anyway. We made a change after 9 mins, but making changes, especially to a system can disrupt things just as easily as it can be a positive. We maybe should have brought on Oviedo and Kimpioka earlier but why do people think a change to 352 (or variations of it) which often left us unbalanced or open earlier in the season was the definitive answer?

Ross got a lot of praise earlier in the season when he made subs that had an impact, but he was able to do so as at the time he had players who could make an impact. Right now it's clear we lack in some areas and yesterday we had two teenagers, a defender just signed on loan and Ozturk on the bench. Talk of Ross being this or that at the moment is daft given how well we've done and where he was when we came. We need to give him the opportunity to get some players in and shape things a bit more. We also need to sort out Maja this week one way or another and if Oviedo is staying then utilise him, because even allowing for his defensive frailties he's better than James.

He's done well it's a big step from Scottish football there's a few who have come down and not done well ... MaCinnes the Aberdeen manager went to Bristol City a few years ago and didn't last long

It’s difficult to dislike the guy and he is exactly what the owners wanted. Someone to reconnect the club to the fans to get people coming back in their droves. It’s worked, but unfortunately he seems hugely limited tactically and the majority of his signings have been poor.

Back