Ross explains why he made Leadbitter captain.

I'm surprised by that article tbf. I'd assumed he'd lost a game of strip poker to him, or leadbitter had something on him that was incriminating.

Surprised how much negativity there is about Leadbitter on here especially given how everyone was raving about him the first month or two he was here.

Still think he'd probably be up there with the best central midfielders in this league, but we've got someone who's better than him in his role.

Surprised how much negativity there is about Leadbitter on here especially given how everyone was raving about him the first month or two he was here.

Still think he'd probably be up there with the best central midfielders in this league, but we've got someone who's better than him in his role.

I think he and McGeouch are interchangeable but I'm not sure they're a good pairing. More than happy to have Grant or McGeouch in the team.

I think he and McGeouch are interchangeable but I'm not sure they're a good pairing. More than happy to have Grant or McGeouch in the team.

I don't think Leadbitter's capable of doing anywhere near the amount of dirty work that McGeouch got through on Saturday to be honest. Wouldn't say he's a big downgrade though, like I say I still think he offers quite a bit.

Understand why people don't want to see them together but I think they'd be a decent pair if we had attacking players that actually offered any movement. Both can sit back and both can pick a decent pass going forward. Other than McGeady, if we had attacking players with as much ability as Cattermole, Leadbitter and McGeouch then I reckon we'd have gone up quite easily last year.

Honeyman got criticised last season for not opening his mouth and organising the team. I didn't see McLaughlin one say one word to anyone to change that. Plus when all the Oxford time wasting was going on how could he influence the ref when he's stuck in goal..
Super Seb was the master at that

That doesn't mean they were generally good corners though. Any corner that gets over the first man can end up in the back of the net but given the trajectory of them it was good luck more than good design imo, but I agree they were an improvement on the absolute shite that preceded them.

Good luck again today

I don't think Leadbitter's capable of doing anywhere near the amount of dirty work that McGeouch got through on Saturday to be honest. Wouldn't say he's a big downgrade though, like I say I still think he offers quite a bit.

Understand why people don't want to see them together but I think they'd be a decent pair if we had attacking players that actually offered any movement. Both can sit back and both can pick a decent pass going forward. Other than McGeady, if we had attacking players with as much ability as Cattermole, Leadbitter and McGeouch then I reckon we'd have gone up quite easily last year.

He got through quite a lot today I thought

Back