Ross can go now

5 years from now when we've broke into the top 4 of the prem with a dynamic team and big Sam in charge we'll look back at these times and think my God that Ross was utter shite.

Jack reacts:
We’re disappointed. Yet again we haven’t kept a clean sheet, and after ten games this season that isn’t good enough. That blame falls on me for that.
We’re working on it. More clean sheets turns a decent start to the season into a very good start.
As I said after last season, we didn’t get enough clean sheets then, and we’re disappointed we didn’t again tonight.
Yes, there was the penalty miss, but for me the biggest disappointment is that we haven’t kept a clean sheet and that’s what we need to start doing.
I do feel we are a lot more secure than we were last season. At this point Jon McLaughlin has probably had less big saves to make, but we’re conceding from less opportunities. It’s disappointing and we have to work on it.

More secure yet we've conceded more goals after the same amount of games

Jack reacts:
We’re disappointed. Yet again we haven’t kept a clean sheet, and after ten games this season that isn’t good enough. That blame falls on me for that.
We’re working on it. More clean sheets turns a decent start to the season into a very good start.
As I said after last season, we didn’t get enough clean sheets then, and we’re disappointed we didn’t again tonight.
Yes, there was the penalty miss, but for me the biggest disappointment is that we haven’t kept a clean sheet and that’s what we need to start doing.
I do feel we are a lot more secure than we were last season. At this point Jon McLaughlin has probably had less big saves to make, but we’re conceding from less opportunities. It’s disappointing and we have to work on it.
The scary thing is I can see him going even more negative in the search for these clean sheets. It’s gonna get even harder to watch, ffs we should be on the front foot ganning for this league yet we are negative and will get even more so in his search for clean sheets.

Is your defence of him that we were the better team for 30 mins at home? Its not good enough man. I tried to be objective today because you'd argue that Rotherham should be rivals for promotion this year but they were absolutely there for the taking and we just invited more and more pressure instead of going to kill them off. They looked all over the shop for 25 mins then we just allowed them to grow into the game and get more and more confident.

This is the argument people have been having with you that if we arent creating many chances and the luck dries up or mcgeady's long range efforts or saved or maguire has an off day its back to 1-1. He's too negative and the indviduals we have in the squad that are amongst the best at this level are keeping us in contention in spite of him not because of him.

100% what many have been saying for weeks now.

we have good players but for some reason they seem disorganised on the pitch (formation changes, position changes etc) and we seem devoid of tactics or 'plan b', imho that comes down to mainly one person...i say mainly because the players need to take a good look at themselves as well after that.

The problem for SD is that Ross keeps us tantalising close to achieving the aim without actually getting over the line. Again we have settled into a position just behind the leaders, game in hand etc etc.

But the evidence is already there, Peterborough tonked us, Ipswich outplayed us (good comeback from us though) and Rotherham have outplayed us at home, although we did play well for 25 minutes. But again all so nearly, never actually. We are looking like a 3 or 4th place team so far. Which strangely enough is our position.

Its a tough one for a chairman to pull the trigger on. You have to be convinced that with everything supplied to the manager and coaches, they should be doing better.

Could it, will it improve, how long do you give them.

I can see it being a other 3 or 4 games yet.

Jack reacts:
Its ridiculous. How about we attempt to score more than once and the clean sheet might not be so important. Or defend from the front so the opposition dont have the time and space to dominate us in our own back yard and start more and more attacks as they gain confidence. Or try and keep possession of the football for 3 or more passes, the opposition cant score if they dont have the ball. Hes absolutely depressing, hes not getting results, he doesnt understand the size of the club and hes not gthe right fit. Get rid.

His only tactic is go 1 up and try defend it. The man is out of his depth he needs to go before it’s too late he should of went after the Charlton game

The problem for SD is that Ross keeps us tantalising close to achieving the aim without actually getting over the line. Again we have settled into a position just behind the leaders, game in hand etc etc.

But the evidence is already there, Peterborough tonked us, Ipswich outplayed us (good comeback from us though) and Rotherham have outplayed us at home, although we did play well for 25 minutes. But again all so nearly, never actually. We are looking like a 3 or 4th place team so far. Which strangely enough is our position.

Its a tough one for a chairman to pull the trigger on. You have to be convinced that with everything supplied to the manager and coaches, they should be doing better.

Could it, will it improve, how long do you give them.

I can see it being a other 3 or 4 games yet.
The likes of McGeady/Maguire/McLaughlin have kept us tantalisingly close. Individuals that win us a match we get battered in (or draw it 1-1). Imagine what a manager who can get the best of those players would have us doing

I’ve backed JR up until now but we were lucky to get out of that second half with anything.

Blind alleys continually run into. Loose passes to no one in particular. Long balls into channels of deep void. Constantly getting caught offside like we’ve only just learnt the rules. Every time we played a ball forward we were getting it straight back at us with added interest and then panicking when that happened.

Thus, regrettably, I’m coming to the inevitable conclusion that it’s nearing that time for the manager to be Dell-eted.

What’s increasingly clear is that we’re headed for the play offs under Ross. There’s no doubt in my mind and every month since he’s been here, all the evidence points to just falling short again.

If Sam Allardyce were to come in, sort the defence out like he’s done at literally every club he’s worked at, then he’d have us in the top 2. I’ve no doubt about that either

I’d love Ross to be successful but the writings on the wall and it’s only a matter of time now.

Tonight performance is exactly why some fans have been critical. It's with reason. We can not perform agaisnt the better teams on a consistent basis. Anyone on here can manage this squad agaisnt the bottom 8. That's where the wins have came from. Don't want to here we were good for 20mins.

Agaisnt decent teams such as Ipswich, Peterborough and Rotherham we have been second best agaisnt ever single team.

It's the same as last year. Nothing has changed. This is why lots of people have concerns. It's not negative. It's realistic. Let's not quote wins like that, let's look at it properly.

Getting out played again for large period. Why?

This. He can point to results all he wants but I'm not arsed where we are in September after playing Rochdale, Accrington and Wimbledon, I'm worried about where we'll be in May. Playing like this I don't think we'll be top 2, our poor performances will see us slip up enough to miss it just like they did last season. Thankfully all those dead behind him will be dead behind the next bloke after the new owners fuck Ross off

What’s increasingly clear is that we’re headed for the play offs under Ross. There’s no doubt in my mind and every month since he’s been here, all the evidence points to just falling short again.

If Sam Allardyce were to come in, sort the defence out like he’s done at literally every club he’s worked at, then he’d have us in the top 2. I’ve no doubt about that either

I’d love Ross to be successful but the writings on the wall and it’s only a matter of time now.
We wont even get to the play offs under Dross

Has to go. Driving home tonight with 4 of us in the car and no-one could even be arsed to analyse the game. Remarks made that it feels like Moyes and Grayson. Life absolutely sucked out of us. Wondering why we bother going to support a team that quite clearly are being managed to stay in this league.

Back