Ross and Hume

DJM

Striker
Excellent management; Criticised the lad for being poor against Ipswich, but gave him enough incentive to knuckle down and learn from a tough day out.
Rested him for the next game: 'injured' even though he had been pulled last game.
Gave him a vitally important late game cameo today and Hume responded with a decent enough performance.
Sounds like we're close to the player addition to complement Hume so the pressure will be on the lad to rise to the challenge: but at least its a positive pressure; competition always brings out the best in winners.

I have to say I was wanting Dobson to come on for Maguire but we had been struggling down our left side for most of the game and was getting worse, Harness gave Conor ( it’s late and I can’t spell his name) a torrid time, bringing on Hume ended all of that, we managed the last 10 really well, can’t recall a chance Pompey had, he gets lost of stick but Ross deserves credit for that

I thought our midfield was crying out for the introduction of Dobson near the end so I was surprised when Hume came on.

I guess now the three points are secured it can be seen as good management, we need little decisions like these to work out for the long term good.

Back