Rory Stewart- Coronavirus view

Makes a compelling argument, would like to hear an honest response for the justification of the current plan.
People living in isolation months on end. Let’s see how that goes.

None of the solutions are good for everyday life and work.

Last edited:
It’s not going to stop people dying.
If you don't leave the house as an 80 yr old, you will stand a better chance but I know what you are saying. It's not easy to be stuck in a house for months on end and I doubt it will do your mental health any good.

If you don't leave the house as an 80 yr old, you will stand a better chance but I know what you are saying. It's not easy to be stuck in a house for months on end and I doubt it will do your mental health any good.

Ultimately the PM yesterday gave advice and a plan on how this crisis would be managed centrally via the CSO & CMO and how people can do their bit. The warning was clear, that to ignore the advice may add stress levels on the health services & in turn cause more deaths. Time will tell now.

People living in isolation months on end. Let’s see how that goes.
.. Some people are going to have to work regardless to what is going on around them. Unfortunately, I am one them. So I have been told..

.. It's a bit difficult to argue about the measures either way atm, too early. Everyone seems to be taking the best advice for their situation as they can, and this info is going to be constantly subject to change. Still, the fear mongers amongst us are going to have a field day ..

.. Some people are going to have to work regardless to what is going on around them. Unfortunately, I am one them. So I have been told..

.. It's a bit difficult to argue about the measures either way atm, too early. Everyone seems to be taking the best advice for their situation as they can, and this info is going to be constantly subject to change. Still, the fear mongers amongst us are going to have a field day ..

Over the years I've learned to never give people the opportunity to panic, because they'll grab it with both hands.

Too much 'stiff upper lip' is a bad thing, but so is too little.

That's the problem the medical guy was explaining

Everyone isolates too early and the isolation fatigue sets in and people just ignore it

We have to wait until the peak and hit it then

Whatever his politics, I found this interview fascinating.....
personally - i don't think his arguments holds water...
That's the problem the medical guy was explaining
rory seems to have beef that he wasn't part of the cobra meeting, therefore i never saw all the alternative arguments for or against this course - therefore we're not being told all the truth. he just seems to want a second opinion, or even a 3rd & a 4th purely because other countries are doing their own thing.

Last edited:
What the fuck do people like Rory Stewart and Jeremy Hunt know about it? They're just trying to score political points.

Several of our academics are directly advising the government at the moment and our institutional policy is very much in line with the Government response so I reckon they're probably on the right lines.

What the fuck do people like Rory Stewart and Jeremy Hunt know about it? They're just trying to score political points.
hunt chairs the health select committee, seems to have missed the memo that tory mp's no longer spin the line that the uk are sick of experts. to a certain degree, the uk doesn't need so many talking heads here who arent fully briefed the why's of the current course of action. you might not agree with it, but putting shit out there like there is stuff we're not being told is of no use.

i really do hope that the outcome of this, will be a country that respects expert opinion, values the nhs more dearly that it was done in recent times, see's that a robust functioning government works and that we can have faith in the collective identity of the uk.

Back