downloaded sky go but it won't work due to having a rooted tablet

now BBC iPlayer, ITV player all play perfect but not sky go app

I downloaded supersu app which states the device is not rooted

help please?

downloaded sky go but it won't work due to having a rooted tablet

now BBC iPlayer, ITV player all play perfect but not sky go app

I downloaded supersu app which states the device is not rooted

help please?
I have a similar problem with the Barclays app and tried all ways and trawled countless forums to get round it without success. I now have to transfer my SIM back to my unrooted IPhone to access my banking :evil:

I have a similar problem with the Barclays app and tried all ways and trawled countless forums to get round it without success. I now have to transfer my SIM back to my unrooted IPhone to access my banking :evil:
this is a cheapish tablet, neocore 10.1

just contradictory messages, sky saying its rooted and the supersu app stating it is not.

went on the website and this had been a problem back in 2016 but no follow up messages since to correct it.

baffles me

this is a cheapish tablet, neocore 10.1

just contradictory messages, sky saying its rooted and the supersu app stating it is not.

went on the website and this had been a problem back in 2016 but no follow up messages since to correct it.

baffles me
SuperSU shows mine as being unrooted but it doesn't fool Barclays mate. I think there is only so much these apps can do to hide the fact once you've rooted it.

SuperSU shows mine as being unrooted but it doesn't fool Barclays mate. I think there is only so much these apps can do to hide the fact once you've rooted it.
I have no idea what "rooted" means. Just bought it, so I could watch sky go and the BBC iPlayer when the snooker and cricket is on, to keep the peace in the house.

I have a six year old tablet which plays sky go ok but the screen was slowly dying

my own fault really.

I have no idea what "rooted" means. Just bought it, so I could watch sky go and the BBC iPlayer when the snooker and cricket is on, to keep the peace in the house.

I have a six year old tablet which plays sky go ok but the screen was slowly dying

my own fault really.
You are basically replacing the customised operating system the phone/tablet manufacturer has installed with an updated generic one that allows you to do things the original didn't. Barclays see it as a security risk.

If you don't actually need it rooting then you could try just doing a factory reset and see if that cures it.

You are basically replacing the customised operating system the phone/tablet manufacturer has installed with an updated generic one that allows you to do things the original didn't. Barclays see it as a security risk.

If you don't actually need it rooting then you could try just doing a factory reset and see if that cures it.
my son, who knows what is what is going to try and sort it.

he is overseas but is using something where he controls the tablet remotely and hopefully he will get it working

thanks for the replies

my own fault really.

Rooted means the same as jailbroken when it comes to apple devices, security removed to allow more access to the device. No software replace, the original operating system is still installed, just "opened up"

If you haven't done it, some cheap tablets such as this, then they come pre-rooted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back