Rooney Turns Down Everton

It doesn't always work like though. I'm not saying it wouldn't like I said originally. The club would obviously have to be managerless for kick off. Everton are one of the clubs that has a massive budget.

Imagine he keeps Derby up stays with them and they are mediocre as it gets next season. Would his stock be so high?

Lampard only got the Chelsea job because he was a high profile ex-player like Rooney at Everton. Would Rooney be in with a shot of the Man Utd job next season - obviously not.
What does the quoted sentence mean?

He’s doing a bloody good job at Derby given the circumstances. 21 points deducted and still got half a chance of staying up.

That said, turning down a move to an established PL club, especially when your current club might go bust is a bizarre decision

Regardless of whether he would have been 1st choice, 4th choice, or whatever it is refreshing to see him wanting to try and finish what he has started at Derby.
I thought he would be an unmitigated disaster as Derby boss, just as i thought Viera would flop at Palace and West Ham would struggle this season.
At least i am consistent.

I like managers that back themselves instead of taking jobs too early. He will be a premier league manager at some point, I got laughed at a while back saying he's a clever bloke who I would love here to replace Lee Johnson. Lampard took that Chelsea job too early, he should have learnt his trade a bit more.

Back