Rooney Rule on football

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it would be helpful but only if it came in with a broader scheme from non league up- to encourage minority participation in coaching courses and post playing career involvement in football.
Of course We should do our bit- I propose kidnapping Chris Hughton and forcing him to be our manager. (The only ex-mag manager I'd have tbh)

but at the end of the day you'd still ge the situation where board may go "right here's our top 5 candidates, get Sandra the typist to add a random black manager too"

can't be right
Well yeah but even thinking cynically, it wouldn't benefit the club in anyway to do that- It might not be for premier league clubs but if league 1 or league 2 clubs start giving more people interviews they then have a chance to impress- I mean we are taking for granted that a club isn't necessarily against the idea of having a bame manager and will therefore take the rule seriously to some degree.
If they are against having a bame manager whatever their experience then we have a much more serious problem.

Last edited by a moderator:

Is there any benefit gained by comparing the number of PL players to PL managers? There seems to very little correlation between managing in the Premier League and playing in it.

Mark Hughes, Slaven Bilic and Pellegrino, but I think the other 17 didn't.

No, there isn't. This whole argument is for more BAME managers is fundamentally racist in itself. It conveniently ignores the hugely diverse, multi-cultural, multi-racial demographic that is football managers in this country. Instead the OP seems to be pushing an argument for more black managers at the expense of the more inclusive, diverse dynamic that currently exists. It's perverse and more overtly "racist" than the system it wants to replace.

Skin colour simply reflects clinal variation response to vitamin D. It is not and has never been used by biologists as a trait identifier to determine species variation. The oestrogen fuelled nonsense brigade pushing the BAME model and pleading for more black managers are more morally bankrupt than anyone defending the existing system will ever be.

It would be interesting to know how many managerial jobs through an interview process. I get the impression there'll be very few.

Take SAFC for example, we only seem to have one candidate per vacancy unless they bin us off.

I always take it that this rule is it prevent this kind of process. Which is a good thing.

We should follow Charlton Athletic’s example and put a lesbian tranny on the touchline

This BAME shit or whatever PC Shite you want to call it is bollocks.

When did black players first start coming to prominence? Say 30 years ago late 80s early 90s.

They made up maybe what 5% of players when the premier league started. Now they probably make up 40% of players but you have to look at it logically

2000 players retire a year. 100 are black 1900 are white. Five black ex pros want to try their hand at management. Twenty ex white pros want to try their hand at management. OH THE HUMANITY THE DISCRIMINATION

someone once said if you’re good enough you’re old enough. If you’re good enough it doesn’t f***ing matter what colour your skin is.

Former England goalkeeper David James claims the shortage of black managers in the Premier League is not a race issue but a question of quality.

The 42-year-old stopper is currently embarking on his first coaching role in Iceland - alongside former team-mate Hermann Hreidarsson - having already achieved his A and B licences from the FA

Sol Campbell,Ian wright,mark bright,Thierry Henry,Jermaine jenas no interest in being a manager.

Ince,Gullitt,hasslebiank great players shit managers.

So you’re suggesting that non whites should get priority over whites regardless of ability? Someone should come up with a word to describe people with those kind of views
Racist?

Would you like Paul Gascogne, David Moyes or Steve McClaren?

It’s easy this game
Hoe can you lump in Gazza with a three time LMA manager of the year and a former England coach. Moyes and McClaren both have many managerial accomplishments far above the average. It is why they became famous

Last edited:
Are mixed race counted as Black?
But they should be count as White as well, so there's a mind fcuk.

Listen I would care less if they were black white pink green or Jack Rodwell as long as they done a fantastic job. So it's hopefully best man for the job from me.

Sorry have I gone too far with Rodwell?

It's the case in many industries/professions, not just football, that BAME people are less represented in senior management roles compared to junior roles. I think the player v manager stats probably aren't all that helpful as there are too many factors, such as the increase of foreign players in English football in recent years. What would, I think, be an interesting comparison would be proportion of BAME people in first team coaching roles v managers. Or even better % of white people who were in a first team coaching role 10 years ago who are now managers v the % of BAME in the same scenario. Obviously I don't have those stats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back