Roof Survey

Absafc

Central Defender
I‘m looking for a recommendation for an independent surveyor to look at a roof in Redhouse. I’ve been advised that a replacement is required, plus some remedial work on the brickwork. Quotes don‘t fully detail the amount or scope of the work required, so I’d like an impartial survey to know what’s actually needed.

Thanks in advance.

I‘m looking for a recommendation for an independent surveyor to look at a roof in Redhouse. I’ve been advised that a replacement is required, plus some remedial work on the brickwork. Quotes don‘t fully detail the amount or scope of the work required, so I’d like an impartial survey to know what’s actually needed.

Thanks in advance.
sam piplica

Based in the enterprise park down Castletown used him a few times.

Thanks in advance.
Why do you want an independent survey mate?

in my opinion the lads who are doing it every day know what’s needed etc .

Don’t just get any old Toss pot and there is a few up redhouse who call themselves roofers and builders .

Maybe why he’s asking from your last comment, it’s always best to get a few quotes on any job you go for.
My advice to anyone Is unless your house is literally falling down or wata is pissing in from all angles then hang fire for a few month as it’s awful atm trying to get hold of lads who’s equally as sick trying to get jobs complete.

Literally forget it for a while.

My advice to anyone Is unless your house is literally falling down or wata is pissing in from all angles then hang fire for a few month as it’s awful atm trying to get hold of lads who’s equally as sick trying to get jobs complete.

Same in all trades at the moment I think mate prices going mental don’t help either, “I was quoted this three years ago” plenty of them about 😂

Why do you want an independent survey mate?

in my opinion the lads who are doing it every day know what’s needed etc .

Don’t just get any old Toss pot and there is a few up redhouse who call themselves roofers and builders .

Peace of mind, I guess, to make sure that the work quoted for is actually required.

Definitely not the best time to be looking for work to be done.

Last edited:
What you been quoted is it an ex council house have they quoted you for concrete roof tiles in replacement ?
A lot more than anticipated, but that seems to be case everywhere at the moment as other posters have mentioned.
A metre of roof lath has almost trebled as has other roofing material it may drop back slightly but you’ll never get a quote at pre covid levels. If it seems cheap it’ll be a very poor contractor and leave u a shite job
I’m involved with a roofing business if you want an idea of price post more detail on here and I’ll tell you what you’ll be looking at. Cheers

Last edited:

Thanks in advance.
Find a Surveyor

Thanks in advance.
Who said the roof needs replacing? I'm a local chartered surveyor but we very rarely recommend a new roof, especially on something built late 40s / early 50s. The usual advice is to consult a reputable builder. The sarking felt on some houses on the estate is generally in a poor state though. It could be that recovering the tiles and putting a lining in etc would save money in the long run though and avoid on going repairs, maintenance costs etc.

Who said the roof needs replacing? I'm a local chartered surveyor but we very rarely recommend a new roof, especially on something built late 40s / early 50s. The usual advice is to consult a reputable builder. The sarking felt on some houses on the estate is generally in a poor state though. It could be that recovering the tiles and putting a lining in etc would save money in the long run though and avoid on going repairs, maintenance costs etc.
Drive around thorney/plainsy, built in the 50s and there's a hell of a lot of roofs knackered, tiles perished, that's why gentoo have replaced the majority of their properties lids

Drive around thorney/plainsy, built in the 50s and there's a hell of a lot of roofs knackered, tiles perished, that's why gentoo have replaced the majority of their properties lids
I wouldn't take much notice of gentoo. There's been an issues with cavity wall ties on a number of estates for years. They're only carrying out the repairs now.

Aye but that's nowt to do with roofs mate, if the roofs are 60/70yrs old the chances are they need a new one like, or will very soon

Roofing company. This why I am looking to engage a surveyor who will give me independent advice.
What you been quoted is it an ex council house have they quoted you for concrete roof tiles in replacement ?

A metre of roof lath has almost trebled as has other roofing material it may drop back slightly but you’ll never get a quote at pre covid levels. If it seems cheap it’ll be a very poor contractor and leave u a shite job
I’m involved with a roofing business if you want an idea of price post more detail on here and I’ll tell you what you’ll be looking at. Cheers
Thanks for the offer. I will take you up on that when I have resolved the surveyor question.

Last edited:

Back