Ronde Van Vlaanderen

dixonsafc

Striker
In my humble opinion, the best bike race of the year today.

The Giro has been a bit of a damp squib, so hopefully we can see a more exciting race with this today.

Van Der Poel and Van Aert are surely favourites going into this, again. But will they end up marking each other out again?

Fancy VDP with an outside shout of Trentin who looks in good form over the short climbs.

Alaphilippe or Kwiatkowski for me, both big if's as they have to still be carrying the form.

Hopefully its an eventful race, no serious crashes but lots of attacks, especially as its on already.

Nothing beats Paris Roubaix for a race though, absolute beast of a race.

Alaphilippe or Kwiatkowski for me, both big if's as they have to still be carrying the form.

Hopefully its an eventful race, no serious crashes but lots of attacks, especially as its on already.

Nothing beats Paris Roubaix for a race though, absolute beast of a race.

Paris Roubaix is great, and i'm gutted it's not happening this year.

I prefer this because of the climbs though. I'm hoping to go out and do some cycling in Belgium next year (covid permitting) and want to have a go at the Koppenberg.

Punctures all ower the shop already, and this is the first mild bit of cobbles.

Paris Roubaix is great, and i'm gutted it's not happening this year.

I prefer this because of the climbs though. I'm hoping to go out and do some cycling in Belgium next year (covid permitting) and want to have a go at the Koppenberg.

Punctures all ower the shop already, and this is the first mild bit of cobbles.
Pubctures better not ruin this race, that Muhlberger crash is goung live with him forever, why the hell he didnt just go to the side of the road and drop it, instead of trying to throw it away, fool.

The climbs are great i agree, hoping it was goung to rain though just to make it even more brutal.

Pubctures better not ruin this race, that Muhlberger crash is goung live with him forever, why the hell he didnt just go to the side of the road and drop it, instead of trying to throw it away, fool.

The climbs are great i agree, hoping it was goung to rain though just to make it even more brutal.

Rain starting to come down now, not forecast but could make it interesting

Looked initially like Alaphilippe possibly at least partly to blame...didn’t seem to be watching
motorbikes we’re slowing down mind

Thats a horrible crash, cant really blame anyone as the bike was right on the edge of the road and the riders were trying to use the slipstream and moving at the last very minute.

Gutted about that, wanted to see those 3 going into the finish.

Will these 2 ride together given what happened at Gent Wevelgem?
looks like Van Aert has been taking advice from Tony Martin and just gunning it at the front Van Der Poel hasnt been on the front since the crash from what I can see on the tv.

And now over to the giro.

looks like Van Aert has been taking advice from Tony Martin and just gunning it at the front Van Der Poel hasnt been on the front since the crash from what I can see on the tv.

And now over to the giro.

VDP has been taking his turns like. Out to a minute ahead now.

Cant see them pulling this back. Depends on how early they start to play cat and mouse with each other.

O right, never seen them, my mistake, whos the quickest in a sprint out of these two?

Given current form you'd think Van Aert, but VDP is an absolute machine if he starts from a bit further out. I genuinely don't think there's a lot in it.

Be interesting to see if any of them try to attack up the last couple of bumps in the road.

Back