Rome Hotel Recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anyone got any ?

Looking at a last minute break next weekend but never been before.

We've been a few times now. My favourite was a B&B Charming House Rome, ran by a nice couple and the room was lovely. You won't spend too much time in the Hotel apart from on a night as there is a lot to do so I wouldn't go over the top with hotel features.

Within walking distance of the train station, I stayed near there with the missus a few years ago and it's a good place to base yourself.

If you haven't been before. the open topped tourist buses which give you an idea where everything is park up at the side of the station, Via Giovanni Giolitti. Be a bit careful around the front of the train station though, a few scrotes hanging around

I've stopped in The River Palace just opposite Piazza Del Popolo.Canny hotel with good happy few hours at bar.
Also stopped at San Carlo hotel which was bang in middle of all designer shops next to Spanish steps.That was canny.
And stopping in Hotel Piazza Di Spagna in June.Dinnar what that ones like yet but looks canny.

Stayed at the Hotel Regno on the via del corso. It's right between the Trevi fountain and the Parthenon and about a 15 min walk to the Spanish steps. I would stay there again,small quaint and a little bit old fashioned.
http://www.hotelregno.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back