Roma kids not helping the travellers cause.

we had some travellers on our industrial estate at work. Places got robbed and loads of shit with the kids throwing bricks at passing cars etc etc. Spoke to a couple of blokes at a food van who said they work for the local council down here, and they said they cause mayhem then ask for about 4 K to ove on, as it will cost around that amount in court feess etc , so they collect their money, and move on o do it again. I'm only repeating what the lads said, and i can't imagine how that would be pt through the books etc, but wouldn't shock me. tbh

we had some travellers on our industrial estate at work. Places got robbed and loads of shit with the kids throwing bricks at passing cars etc etc. Spoke to a couple of blokes at a food van who said they work for the local council down here, and they said they cause mayhem then ask for about 4 K to ove on, as it will cost around that amount in court feess etc , so they collect their money, and move on o do it again. I'm only repeating what the lads said, and i can't imagine how that would be pt through the books etc, but wouldn't shock me. tbh
Doesn't sounds surprising

I can be at times, but it's a bit of a silly thread seeing as though he comes from the travelling community and knows the feelings this sort of thing provokes on here. It was a daft thread to start. He starts it causes a barney then cries wolf when the shit flies.
Cry wolf?

Just to put the record straight.
I’m not defending any travelers/non travellers who break the law, fly tipping is a major drain on resources. I’m not thick
I’m also not saying that the travelling community are innocent bystanders, there’s alot scum in there the same as non travellers and I think I prove this in my original post.

But I think it’s a disgrace that people should judge ALL travellers on these stories and ALL travellers on their personal experiences, if you do that then please accept that my experience with travellers within and outside of my family have all been good.
I went through this last time. There are good travellers out there and good gypsies, ok their ways are not all good or honourable but who’s are? Who on this board can say they are squeaky clean? Who’s friends and family are squeaky clean.
I’ve seen threads on here about people paying cash for jobs getting vat knocked off and people working abroad to save tax,
Fuck me any hard cases name pops up on this board half the board claim to be mates with them. This board as had A couple of wrang uns. If someone said that the smb was full of sex offenders or fraudsters would you be happy? I wouldn’t.
The three travellers threads on here contain some posts that make me feel sick. If I were to replace the word traveller, gypsies or pikey with any other ethnic group I’d be getting pelters. I’ve seen boxing threads over and over again about gypsie boxers with very little reference to their background.
Hundreds of posts about elvis and not a mention of his Romany roots. It’s all about how travellers should adapt but someone comments on here ‘carpet bomb them’ (maybe as a joke) either way he does not get pulled on it by anyone.

My mother has gone back to her roots and now lives back on a site in a caravan after bringing us all up. She is 63 and is a senior carer in a nursing home in Durham for adults with brain injuries, I have close travelling relatives who are pro boxers, window cleaners, wheelie bin cleaners, asbestos removers, ex soldiers the lot.

ALL travellers are not the same.

Last edited:
Cry wolf?

Just to put the record straight.
I’m not defending any travelers/non travellers who break the law, fly tipping is a major drain on resources. I’m not thick
I’m also not saying that the travelling community are innocent bystanders, there’s alot scum in there the same as non travellers and I think I prove this in my original post.

But I think it’s a disgrace that people should judge ALL travellers on these stories and ALL travellers on their personal experiences, if you do that then please accept that my experience with travellers within and outside of my family have all been good.
I went through this last time. There are good travellers out there and good gypsies, ok their ways are not all good or honourable but who’s are? Who on this board can say they are squeaky clean? Who’s friends and family are squeaky clean.
I’ve seen threads on here about people paying cash for jobs getting vat knocked off and people working abroad to save tax,
Fuck me any hard cases name pops up on this board half the board claim to be mates with them. This board as had A couple of wrang uns. If someone said that the smb was full of sex offenders or fraudsters would you be happy? I wouldn’t.
The three travellers threads on here contain some posts that make me feel sick. If I were to replace the word traveller, gypsies or pikey with any other ethnic group I’d be getting pelters. I’ve seen boxing threads over and over again about gypsie boxers with very little reference to their background.
Hundreds of posts about elvis and not a mention of his Romany roots. It’s all about how travellers should adapt but someone comments on here ‘carpet bomb them’ (maybe as a joke) either way he does not get pulled on it by anyone.

My mother has gone back to her roots and now lives back on a site in a caravan after bringing us all up. She is 63 and is a senior carer in a nursing home in Durham for adults with brain injuries, I have close travelling relatives who are pro boxers, window cleaners, wheelie bin cleaners, asbestos removers, ex soldiers the lot.

ALL travellers are not the same.
Agreed. Good on you. Now move on and don't start silly negative threads about your community again. Start positive ones instead and try and convince those who have negative entrenched views of you all that you are all not bad. Your opening post on here did the exact opposite of that and you knew you were going to get shite hoyed your way. It was almost like internet sadism.

I don’t believe it.

Fake news. All travellers and gypsies are good, upstanding, tax paying folk.

Not a chance they would have one of their own break the law.....

Clip of this man.
I wonder how many links of non travellers committing these crimes it would take for people to get my point.
Deary Deary me.

Still trying to defend the indefensible sunshine ?

To take up your point and look at it in perspective, the ratio of non travellers to travellers must be very high and certainly in no way reflected in the number of crimes committed.

Still trying to defend the indefensible sunshine ?

To take up your point and look at it in perspective, the ratio of non travellers to travellers must be very high and certainly in no way reflected in the number of crimes committed.
So why start ya post saying I’m trying to defend them. Why would I try and defend criminals? Or people who are cruel to animals?
These threads go the same way.

Do you think labelling every single traveller as a thief or dirty and cruel to animal type person is right? Just yes or no will do mate.

So why start ya post saying I’m trying to defend them. Why would I try and defend criminals? Or people who are cruel to animals?
These threads go the same way.

Do you think labelling every single traveller as a thief or dirty and cruel to animal type person is right? Just yes or no will do mate.

If ever I come across a trustworthy good un, I may even change all to the vast majority, but having been around as long as I have, I’m not holding my breath.

Back