Rolling Stones

Sticky Fingers for me just before Exile. Like most double albums has a couple of filler tracks. SF from start to finish is just perfect
I think it's one of those rare double albums that doesn't to be honest.

I just like the way it rattles along sort chaotically, which is really how they recorded it, but then every now and then ya pull into the station a knock ya out with something like Torn And Frayed or Shine A Light (one of their best most overlooked songs for me, even if Scorcese did use it for the title of the tour film about ten year ago).

Wasn’t ideal was it? That walk back to the station was brutal.
It's a mare to get away from like.
Been there twice and didn't experience that mind. We always go for standing tickets at these things so position ourselves where it sounds good - usually somewhere near the sound tower.

Last edited:
I saw them on Tuesday. They were magic.
Mick was Mick.
Keef was near the top of his game. Oddly, he was more comprehensible than he was in '99. The bang on the head seems to have helped.
Ronnie looked like a man who knows he's one of the luckiest alive. He was really enjoying himself.
Charlie looked like he'd wandered in to judge the cake competition and ended up on drums thinking this whole rock and roll business a bit unsavoury.

Top stuff.

The less said about Liam Gallagher the better.

Back