Rolling Stones

Me, I'm at this, with them:

1. Beggars Banquet 2. Sticky Fingers 3. Aftermath 4. Between The Buttons
5. Their Satanic Majesties Request

I haven't listened Goats Head. Bumped-up Sticky Fingers for Moonlight Mile. I only play that and Sway, I think, from memory of what's on it.

Me, I'm at this, with them:

1. Beggars Banquet 2. Sticky Fingers 3. Aftermath 4. Between The Buttons
5. Their Satanic Majesties Request

I haven't listened Goats Head. Bumped-up Sticky Fingers for Moonlight Mile. I only play that and Sway, I think, from memory of what's on it.

It's got belter after belter like Bitch, Wild Horses, You gotta move, Brown sugar, Dead Flowers and the two you listed. It's also got one of their best ever songs in Sister Morphine.

Sister M:cool:rphine

:cool:

Last edited:
It was pretty much what I expected tbh. Arrived in just in time to see them take the stage and do Sympathy for the Devil which was class. The setlist as a whole was pretty spot on. (The Rolling Stones Setlist at Croke Park, Dublin) I'd never seen them before so it was great to hear all these songs that are just part of your upbringing live for the first time. There were 20000 unsold tickets apparently (from a capacity if 75,000) so there were a lot of empty seats around the place even if they did try and hide it well enough. If the promoters had shelled out for a decent support act like in the UK they could've sold a lot more tickets.

The whole production was very slick, so much so that it kinda felt a bit like watching a live dvd sometimes, there was a bit of a lack of atmosphere, everyone was enjoying it but it was just missing something compared to other gigs I've been at there.

They were talking about their first visit to dublin which was in 1965, 53 years ago! Hard to believe that they're all over 70 years old. Poor Charlie looked particularly shook a lot of the time, though drumming for a two and a half hour set is not easy at any age let alone at 76! He'd be drumming away looking wrecked then it was like he knew the camera was on him and he'd put on a big smile.

Played from 8:15 to about 10:30, there was a 22:45 curfew in the area as its a residential area. I'm glad I went, I had a good night, box ticked but if they were to play again I probably wouldn't bother going along.
Thanks for that, canny review. Shame it didn't sell out.

Seen them last night, they were excellent however that London Stadium is atrocious. An awful echo, an age to get in and out and 6quid a bottle

Bought their first album, L.P.in 1964 from Atkinson's on Athenaeum St.
Preferred The Beatles though. Sir Mick Jagger, :lol:, who'd have thought?

Seen them last night, they were excellent however that London Stadium is atrocious. An awful echo, an age to get in and out and 6quid a bottle

West Ham fans there? 6 quid to throw bottles at you?

It's shite for football and doubtless nee better for concerts

1. Exile On Main Street
2. Let It Bleed (on in the car at the mo)
3. Sticky Fingers
4. Beggar's Banquet
5. Some Girls
6. Aftermath (UK)

Sticky Fingers for me just before Exile. Like most double albums has a couple of filler tracks. SF from start to finish is just perfect

Sticky Fingers for me just before Exile. Like most double albums has a couple of filler tracks. SF from start to finish is just perfect

Sticky Fingers is definitely their best album. Exile isn't even in the top five. It's far too long.

Canny band in a Westlife or Take That kind of way but overrated.

Yep, those two were also hugely influential and way ahead of their time....

Down to the promoters being cheap fucks. Mate was stewarding at it, said there was hardly anyone there for the automatic. Wouldn’t have minded them being third on the bill, they’re not the worst but no way should they be the main support act for the stones.
The Automatic???? Them idiots who sang that Monster song???? Can't be them surely???? They can't be supporting The Rolling Stones???? :eek::lol:

Back