Rolling Stones

Much cop then?

Loads of free tickets knocking about for Edinburgh, I got two nee bother.

@jacko100 How were they? Do us a review.
It was pretty much what I expected tbh. Arrived in just in time to see them take the stage and do Sympathy for the Devil which was class. The setlist as a whole was pretty spot on. (The Rolling Stones Setlist at Croke Park, Dublin) I'd never seen them before so it was great to hear all these songs that are just part of your upbringing live for the first time. There were 20000 unsold tickets apparently (from a capacity if 75,000) so there were a lot of empty seats around the place even if they did try and hide it well enough. If the promoters had shelled out for a decent support act like in the UK they could've sold a lot more tickets.

The whole production was very slick, so much so that it kinda felt a bit like watching a live dvd sometimes, there was a bit of a lack of atmosphere, everyone was enjoying it but it was just missing something compared to other gigs I've been at there.

They were talking about their first visit to dublin which was in 1965, 53 years ago! Hard to believe that they're all over 70 years old. Poor Charlie looked particularly shook a lot of the time, though drumming for a two and a half hour set is not easy at any age let alone at 76! He'd be drumming away looking wrecked then it was like he knew the camera was on him and he'd put on a big smile.

Played from 8:15 to about 10:30, there was a 22:45 curfew in the area as its a residential area. I'm glad I went, I had a good night, box ticked but if they were to play again I probably wouldn't bother going along.

Back