Rolling Stone greatest bassists

Lyrics that were write 50 years ago and are still relevant today. Think they are brilliant lyrics personally.

McCartney is a great writer as well but he also wrote some absolute shite as well.
Well on the one hand. Butler managed to rhyme “masses” with “masses” which was a stroke of lyrical genius.

But on the other hand, who can compete with “O bla di o bla da”?

Well on the one hand. Butler managed to rhyme “masses” with “masses” which was a stroke of lyrical genius.

But on the other hand, who can compete with “O bla di o bla da”?

Mary had a little lamb,
His fleece was white as snow,
Ev'rywhere that Mary went,
That lamb was sur to go.
And you could hear them singing:
La, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la.

He has a million of them. Unfortunately.

Mary had a little lamb,
That lamb was sur to go.

Somebody knocking at the door
Somebody tryna get in

Oooooh ham and eggs
Oh my girlfriend has got lovely legs

Mary had a little lamb,
That lamb was sur to go.

Yeah, well when 'Give Ireland back to The Irish' was banned, what-yer-gonna-do? I believe the Froggie Chorus was his response to Radio One not playlisting 'Kill Motherfucker Kill' which was one of his lesser known lyrical outings. Not a lot of people know that

Was KMK the B-side?

It was a double A side with "Kill The Twat Bastard Arsehole At The BBC Who Banned My Last Single". Which John Lennon wrote "How Do You Sleep?" about.

Anyway. The Greatest Rolling Stone bass player was surely Bill Wyman. He was in the band longer than Daryl Jones (who's not in the band anyway)

I'm not sure why there's a list of other people who weren't even in the band

Last edited by a moderator:
It was a double A side with "Kill The Twat Bastard Arsehole At The BBC Who Banned My Last Single". Which John Lennon wrote "How Do You Sleep?" about.

Anyway. The Greatest Rolling Stone bass player was surely Bill Wyman. He was in the band longer than Daryl Jones (who's not in the band anyway)

I'm not sure why there's a list of other people who weren't even in the band
They only got him in cos he had a Vox amplifier that they tried to divest him of. Weren’t really interested in him as a member, just getting their hands on his kit!

Back