Rolex Watches

I got into watches to some degree 4 or 5 year back when going through some depression. I think it was at some level a distraction to obsess about something than the negative thoughts in my head. Think I bought around watches over say a 2 year period, all low tier to maybe one that can maybe classes as a enthusiasts watch. Even though I had the savings I still couldn't bring myself to buy something like a Rolex which would have been a quarter of my annual wage. I do appreciate the craftsmanship though.

There are many better spec brands than Rolex for better prices but the name carries weight and it does keep it's price

To be honest, i'll probably hang on to it, and pass it down to my son.
I have a Oris which I will never sell. Was the first decent watch I bought £1000 which I promised to my son so it means something. And I’ve had some hard times since I bought it and not once even thought about letting it go. Not that I would have getting much like.

Wanting to buy Submariner blue gold but there's a two year wait list

The wait lists are bollocks anyway. You can be sat on there for years and somebody who stuck themselves on the list a couple of months ago can get the call before you.

The wait lists are bollocks anyway. You can be sat on there for years and somebody who stuck themselves on the list a couple of months ago can get the call before you.
This. I’ve read loads of horror stories. It’s down to who you know sometimes and also what else you buy. I remember I was at goldsmiths in the metro looking at the sea masters when a well to do elderly lady walked in, honest they were like flys round shite. Ooh hello mrs such and such how can we help today, drink straight in her hand and over to the diamonds. I was left with some lass who kept looking over at all the others and not interested in what I was asking.

This. I’ve read loads of horror stories. It’s down to who you know sometimes and also what else you buy. I remember I was at goldsmiths in the metro looking at the sea masters when a well to do elderly lady walked in, honest they were like flys round shite. Ooh hello mrs such and such how can we help today, drink straight in her hand and over to the diamonds. I was left with some lass who kept looking over at all the others and not interested in what I was asking.

This is it really. They want people to buy a load of sitters before they get a sniff at a desirable model. Because of the current gap between retail prices and the price you could acquire the piece today are so huge at the moment, there's plenty of AD's up to dodgy shit and making a killing letting pieces off to grey market traders.

Bit late on the reply, but the 36 looks a perfect fit for your wrist. Next size up would have been too big for sure

Agreed mate. Will be going back to Lisbon to get the 36mm Explorer in the new year. Fella in the shop there has texted to say he’s sorting it. Man of his is word is Rui Silva!

Back