Rolex Watches

I do, this is a lot of watch for 300 quid. I love the 70’s sports style with integrated bracelets. Cool as fuck…
I’ve a 1968 (apparently) Seamaster with a dark blue face that’s very similar looking. Well I will if I can ever get back into central London to pick it up from servicing at Piccadilly Tube Station (London watch fanciers secret that is). Bought for £50 from a young Portuguese stonemason when it’s date dial snapped and he fancied a fake Tag like his marras. £30 to fit a new date dial and get it going again about six years ago.
Servicer feller reckons £800+ even with its £30 Jekyll Omega steel strap from ebay!
Put it on eBay if you are thinking about it
The black leather strapped yellow faced one and black leather strapped black faced one will be the first to go. I’ve six various combi ones all bought for between £60-£95 iirc when they were gannin cheap about 12-14yrs ago in the hope they’d rise in price. They did just before C19 but seem to have fallen away again.
If we’re heading into a recession then nows the time to have your cash ready for quick watch purchases so improbably too late.

Last edited:

My next purchase (not sure when) is likely going to be a moonphase of some sort I reckon.

Don't like metal straps

Bought the Hamilton and will switch to a black Croc strap
Good choice MT, I've had the 42mm Khaki field for a few years now and it's a great versatile watch, and being a bit more sensibly priced you don't worry about catching and scratching it as much. It's probably my most worn watch tbh.

Back