Roker's Paddock boo boys

Did he? Don't remember that, promoted in his 1st season when he scored a couple of important goals, second season we went down (maybe he got stick that season?) 3rd season was when we got to the cup final when he probably should have played and then he left just into the next season? Maybe it's me memory, just don't recall him getting stick for a couple of years, I remember thinking he was an upgrade on what we'd had previously.

Also the best follow up to a saved pelanty ever

Did he? Don't remember that, promoted in his 1st season when he scored a couple of important goals, second season we went down (maybe he got stick that season?) 3rd season was when we got to the cup final when he probably should have played and then he left just into the next season? Maybe it's me memory, just don't recall him getting stick for a couple of years, I remember thinking he was an upgrade on what we'd had previously.

He definitely became a target. That home defeat to Bristol City in the League Cup is when I first really noticed it.

Jings, memory lane!

Maybe someone can clear something up for me? Did Whitworth ever actually make a tackle? He used to drive me nuts. I don't think I ever abused him, but I couldn't swear to it...

Jings, memory lane!

Maybe someone can clear something up for me? Did Whitworth ever actually make a tackle? He used to drive me nuts. I don't think I ever abused him, but I couldn't swear to it...
Didn’t need to most of the time but our fans would only accept full backs that smashed wingers and if they were sent off to the detriment of the team then it goes with the territory.
David Corner used to get a fair bit of stick and Tim Carter RIP use to get huge cheers when he kicked it straight. The Armstrong stick was disgraceful - he was a good player who never gave less than 100%.

Last edited:
Cambridge Corner was apparently the players name for the corner of the ground (Roker End?) where the fans who missed kick off for a couple of extra pints in the Cambridge would tip up twenty minutes after kick off and dish out abuse to our players. I remember Bobby Kerr saying he hated taking corners from that part of the ground as he would get allsorts of abuse when he went over.
Clockstand/Roker corner

Or they could have equally spilled into the mainstand/Roker corner coming from the Derby

Back