RR Roker Roundup: Sunderland Head of Recruitment Tony Coton speaks on transfers - loans incoming?

RTG

Robot
Staff member
Your daily reminder of Sunderland news! Sunderland’s Head of Recruitment Tony Coton has spoken out after attending a ‘speed dating’ style event in a bid to progress some of the club’s current transfer negotiations. Coton goes dating Chelsea’s Stamford Bridge hosted a football ‘speed-dating’ event this week, as representatives of over 100 clubs...

More at Roker Report...

To be fair to all our signings so far have looked among our better players....and not a penny spent. Unfortunately it looks as if there isn't an actual penny to spend so it may just require two or three quality loans and if this type of event helps then it has to be a good thing.

The owners are treading on very thin ice this season though and if Ross churns out the same shite as last season the atmosphere won't be pleasant over the SOL.

If I thought there were any other strings to our bow I’d say this is a good move. When our entire approach seems to be build on contacts and who you know rather than what, I’m less than impressed.

Back